PDA

View Full Version : Audio from last night's Three Good Eggs show

Jake Wildwood
Jun-06-2015, 11:33am
Click here for the SoundCloud playlist (https://soundcloud.com/jake-wildwood/sets/three-good-eggs-live-at-the-wild-fern-652015)

These are some clips pulled from the mixer at last night's show. My buddy Tom Christiano is the one on mando -- he stole the Collings away from me (http://antebelluminstruments.blogspot.com/2013/09/c2013-collings-mt-carved-top-mandolin.html) -- and I'm playing bass. Forrest Newton's on banjo.

I was at least under the weather a bit... :) ...so forgive a bit of 'nasal' tone here'n'there.

usqebach
Jun-06-2015, 2:44pm
Way cool, Jake!

Every time I hear your music, I'm impressed with how expressive you can be with simple tunes played really, really well.

Planning a major tour of the Southeast anytime soon?? :)

Jim

Jake Wildwood
Jun-06-2015, 3:53pm
LOL, well I don't know about "really really well," but playing often with a jam group for the last 7+ years brings a whole new meaning to how to squeeze a decent song into 3 or 4 chords. The most fun are 1 or 2 chord songs, though, and they seem to keep the public happy, hee hee.

I wish I could get time out of state, but with 2 kiddos, 2 businesses, and a host of never-ending family visits, it's realllllly hard.

Thanks so much!

CES
Jun-06-2015, 4:37pm
Nice work, Jake! Really enjoyed that!

Lou
Jun-07-2015, 4:30pm
That's fun!

Tavy
Jun-09-2015, 2:53am
I enjoyed that very much. Are they your original songs? Some of those were eminently steal-able ;)

Barry Wilson
Jun-09-2015, 11:28am
I should be heading to work already but have to keep listening... I will be a little late ;)

Jake Wildwood
Jun-09-2015, 11:42am
I enjoyed that very much. Are they your original songs? Some of those were eminently steal-able ;)

The ones I was singing were mine but the ones Tom & Forrest were on (Skillet, Early, Down the River, Sinner Man) are certainly not... :D

Let me know if you need the chords/lyrics -- and feel free! I have a swing-style song that's worked its way into bluegrass jams around here without me knowing and a very old-time style song that's been picked up and turned into a reggae thing. All good. I like seeing things grow!

Josh Levine
Jun-09-2015, 12:20pm
Love your singing/style. It is like a old timier/ acoustic Pokey Lafarge. Great stuff.