PDA

View Full Version : MT2 with McClung Armrest

Dan Forney
Jun-03-2015, 6:14am
Just got an armrest for my new MT2 from Doug at Hill Country String works. He picked it out after looking at a photo of my mando. McClungs are excellent!

Mark Wilson
Jun-03-2015, 1:57pm
Both look pretty sweet. I've been wanting another ebony one and you might have just prompted me to do it.

Grommet
Jun-03-2015, 2:26pm
What a stunning match for the sunburst on that Collings. I've asked Doug for a plain ebony one with a matching abbreviated pickguard for my brown Pava Satin model.

Scott

terzinator
Jun-10-2015, 10:54pm
What a stunning match for the sunburst on that Collings. I've asked Doug for a plain ebony one with a matching abbreviated pickguard for my brown Pava Satin model.

Scott
Doug's plain ebony armrest and pickguard are what I've got on my black-face MT. Highly recommended! (If you click on the link in my sig, you can see a pic.)

Londy
Jun-11-2015, 5:38am
Amazing match! Looks fantastic and I'm sure it feels great when you play. Love mine as well.

Hudmister
Jun-13-2015, 2:15pm
Here is a McClung that I have modified a little. The angle of the rest surface was a little too steep for me, the inboard edge left a line on my forearm. I drilled new holes adjacent the original holes where the hardware screws in. I reduced the angle to a more comfortable fit for me. I don't recommend trying this at home although I did, I think I lucked out. Drilling the holes at the desired angle, spacing the holes and tapping the holes was much more difficult than I had imagined when I got the idea. Also chipped up the finish on the edge the drilling holes. This McClung looks beautiful on the F5-G.