PDA

View Full Version : NMD--Eastman!

mmukav
Jun-02-2015, 1:07pm
Well, I sent the The Loar LM600 back because of a crookedly placed tailpiece. Replaced it with this marvelous Eastman and could NOT be happier:mandosmiley:
Arrived yesterday from Robert at Folkmusician. Sounds great, woody, dry sound, just as I prefer. Good chop even new. Fit and finish is spot on. Plays nice, having fun so far!!

DataNick
Jun-03-2015, 3:44pm
Congrats and enjoy!

Eastman would have been my choice over The Loar...

LV89
Jun-03-2015, 3:53pm
Nice photos!
Enjoy!

Jackgaryk
Jun-03-2015, 4:36pm
very nice...i have read so many good reviews about folkmusician and how good their setup and service is.

Eddie Sheehy
Jun-03-2015, 8:14pm
Model?

Charles E.
Jun-03-2015, 10:15pm
Enjoy your 315! A great mandolin.

zedmando
Jun-03-2015, 11:41pm
Cool--enjoy!

mmukav
Jun-04-2015, 11:46am
Model?

It's an Eastman MD315. Nothin' fancy, just good all carved solid wood, well put together! Plain-jane stamped tailpiece. Tuners aren't the best but seem to work well so far. Ebony bridge, bone nut. Bound front only. Satin laquer finish.

Folkmusician was great to work with. Good communication. Even swapped out the standard gig bag for a hard shell case at no extra cost. Shipped timely, packed well. I was a new customer so I am always leery at first, but had heard lots of good reviews about them from the Cafe.

This mando replaced a Gibson F9 (older model) that had to go a few years ago due to $$ issue. In comparison, the Eastman is certainly put together as well as the F9. Sound-wise? It's not quite a Gibson. Seems to lack a little on the low end. But still a nice dry sound, loud, clean, crisp, clear. Highs and mids seem great. Again, good chop for a new mando, can't wait to hear what it opens up like.