PDA

View Full Version : Mandolin Players Union

Isaac Revard
May-22-2015, 7:22am
I saw this on Banjo Hangout and thought it would be a cool idea to do over here.

http://www.banjohangout.org/store/details.asp?id=10

Has anything like this been tried for this site? Could be kinda cool and a good way to support this site. I'd join. Thoughts? :mandosmiley:~o)

Bill Snyder
May-22-2015, 7:32am
The Cafe has offered t-shirts before.
Here is Ted modelling one a few years back.

F-2 Dave
May-22-2015, 7:52am
Hmmm. The banjo players are doing it. It must be a good idea.

FLATROCK HILL
May-22-2015, 7:55am
It's not a bad idea.
I feel it's only fair to warn you though...as soon as we're both signed up, I'm going to have to file a grievance against you for hanging around that other site.

Isaac Revard
May-22-2015, 8:29am
It's not a bad idea.
I feel it's only fair to warn you though...as soon as we're both signed up, I'm going to have to file a grievance against you for hanging around that other site.

I'm not even sure how I ended up there, I was searching for something about baritone ukulele's and that's where it led. I realize it was an unhealthy decision to keep clicking. I'm not sure how it happened, its all such a blur. My ears hurt for some reason too...

JEStanek
May-22-2015, 8:55am
Our Union has a better dental plan.

Tobin
May-22-2015, 9:35am
The banjo hangout is akin to the fiddle hangout and the mando hangout, all of which have their own "player's union" thing going.

lflngpicker
May-22-2015, 9:59am
I will join-- mandolin players are great people to associate with. I'm in!

mandroid
May-22-2015, 10:07am
Mandolins to march on may day, in parades?

+1) I hear the AF of M has a group dental insurance plan .:grin:

http://www.afm.org/

journeybear
May-22-2015, 10:43am
Our Union has a better dental plan.
Really? Sign me up! :grin: Though I think you really meant our members have a, er, higher-level entry point. :whistling:

barney 59
May-22-2015, 1:22pm
The Cafe has offered t-shirts before.
Here is Ted modelling one a few years back.

The Mando Hangout --and possibly because they call it "Mando" is kind of a bust. Too lazy to say the whole word maybe too lazy to type! They do though get at least a post per week. The players "Union" from all that I can tell is nothing more than a T Shirt conspiracy.
With that said there have been threads on there about how they (the membership) feel "intimidated" on The Mandolin Cafe. Some are people who claim to be "banned" from this site.
There is very little if any moderating and I thought there might be some lively over the top , or nasty threads as a result --but pretty much nothing ,it's a real yawner!