PDA

View Full Version : Kimble Two-Points

mcgroup53
May-20-2015, 8:16am
I am almost a year on owning my Kimble 2-P, which was the primary axe Andy Statman played for 18 months before he traded it back to Will for a new F5. I've been friends with Will for years and written articles on him for BU and MM, and was thrilled to pieces when I had the chance own a 2-P AND have the chance to compare the Statman and a brand new one he had for sale at the time. The photo shows the Statman on the left (note the extra position markers in the upper fingerboard) and the brand new one. I liked the new one's sunburst a bit better, but I just couldn't pass up the one I chose for its sound, volume and pedigree!

Toycona
May-20-2015, 9:16am
I saw him perform with that one. I sure hope he left a few notes in it for you to play!

Rosemary Philips
May-20-2015, 9:41am
Nice score! Will is great, as are his mandolins. I am lucky enough to have one of his A-5's. Enjoy!

Atlanta Mando Mike
May-20-2015, 11:21am
Love his 2 points. Classy mandolins!!!

Glassweb
May-20-2015, 3:36pm
Kimble 2-points... what's not to LOVE?!?

Don Grieser
May-20-2015, 6:58pm
Love Will's 2 pointers.

barry
May-20-2015, 7:34pm
Yup. Seriously cool.

Londy
May-20-2015, 8:53pm
Wish I had an OM of his.

MandoJason
May-21-2015, 10:04am
I am almost a year on owning my Kimble 2-P, which was the primary axe Andy Statman played for 18 months before he traded it back to Will for a new F5. I've been friends with Will for years and written articles on him for BU and MM, and was thrilled to pieces when I had the chance own a 2-P AND have the chance to compare the Statman and a brand new one he had for sale at the time. The photo shows the Statman on the left (note the extra position markers in the upper fingerboard) and the brand new one. I liked the new one's sunburst a bit better, but I just couldn't pass up the one I chose for its sound, volume and pedigree!

Dave, I've seen/heard that 2 point of statmans a few times and love it! If you are ever looking to part with that one, please keep me in mind! i'd love to own that mandolin. I hope you enjoy it! I had a kimble F5 that i really miss (never should have sold it) but i traded it in a transaction to acquire Ricky Skagg's old ellis mando...
Jason

Mark Seale
May-21-2015, 11:03am
Kimble 2-points... what's not to LOVE?!?

Is that the one in the classifieds right now? That's a crazy cool back.