PDA

View Full Version : Dudenbostel Tailpeice

Dfyngravity
Mar-02-2004, 1:27pm
Lynn,
I came across the photos of when you were making Chris Thile's mandolin and on there is a tailpeice that you had made for all you mandolins. I was wondering if the guy who made it sells them to the general public. I sure would like to get one; it looks like it makes string changing much easier.

Dfyngravity

Sorry if this topic has been covered before

Gail Hester
Mar-02-2004, 3:04pm
Good Question! I believe the tailpiece designers name is Ken Oden and he was trying to get a patent. I’d also love to buy some of these and have been searching on the net without any luck. Are these going to be exclusive to Dudenbostel mandolins?

GBG
Mar-02-2004, 3:36pm
I hear that Ken is now making tailpieces and is probably trying to get an inventory built up and fill some orders that have been in for a long time. He does however have a regular job that naturally demands a lot of his time. I got word to him that I want one, and I'm waiting like everyone else.

Lynn Dudenbostel
Mar-02-2004, 4:31pm
Hey, I'm waiting too! I don't even have one on my own personal F-5 (do have one on my A-5 though). Kens been quite busy with work and family, and has a batch in the works. Not sure when they'll be ready, but I'm not putting any pressure on him either. I know when I get them they will be "Right"! Thanks to all who have expressed interest. They will be made available to builders and individuals for retro-fit on existing instruments, but I know he has some orders to fill first. As soon as they are available, I'll make sure they get posted on the Cafe.

Best regards,
Lynn

Mar-03-2004, 1:28pm
Ken...is a great guy and when these start coming out i'll put my dime on betting "everyone" fits their mandolins with them.