PDA

View Full Version : Y2K3 listed twice on Ebay, with Waverly tuners and without.

Dan Co1e
May-11-2015, 10:49am
Check this out:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/perfero813/m.html?item=281686494085&hash=item4195d2cb85&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I like the Waverly tuners but what is this guy going to do, cancel the one that doesn't bring in the amount he is looking for?

barney 59
May-11-2015, 12:45pm
Maybe he has two to sell --they are different instruments but from the same seller. I don't find anything odd in that. Maybe he has another one, maybe it's a divorce, maybe he ended up with two of those ( I know,that never happens with people here on the Cafe!) and maybe it turns out that he doesn't play either of them much and he wants the money for something he thinks he will play more.

Dan Co1e
May-11-2015, 2:26pm
The serial number of both mandolins in the front shot looks like 351212, the top grain patterns and crazy figure on the finger board looks like they match. I sent the guy a message to see if he could post a picture of the front of 347606. Maybe he just has his pictures mixed up...

barney 59
May-11-2015, 4:14pm
The serial number of both mandolins in the front shot looks like 351212, the top grain patterns and crazy figure on the finger board looks like they match. I sent the guy a message to see if he could post a picture of the front of 347606. Maybe he just has his pictures mixed up...

I thought that as well, two of the front the same.

Petrus
May-12-2015, 10:31am
No Weber tailpiece, no celtic knot inlay = no sale!

(Also no money = no sale) :redface:

Bill Snyder
May-12-2015, 5:35pm
No Weber tailpiece, no celtic knot inlay = no sale!

(Also no money = no sale) :redface:

Then you don't want a Weber Y2K3.

terzinator
May-13-2015, 1:29pm
yeah, if you look at the listing for the one with the Waverlys, he actually has pics of both mandolins. Looks like he goofed on the full-front shot, which is the same in both auctions. (The full-front shot shows the one with the stock tuners.)

So, I'd say they're both legit, but it would be helpful if he mentioned the other one in each listing, to avoid just this kind of confusion.

Clement Barrera-Ng
May-13-2015, 1:38pm
I am wondering if he is selling the same mandolin, but with the option of Waverlys vs the standard Golden Gate tuners. I'd say go for the Waverlys if the price difference is only $50

terzinator
May-13-2015, 1:51pm
Pretty sure it's two separate instruments, just that the "featured" photo of the full front has been duplicated, showing the non-waves model in both auctions.

Here's the front of the non-waverly one (note stripe in headstock faceplate, and light coloration in fingerboard dies at 10th fret):
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTY2WDQwOQ==/z/FTAAAOSwstxVTOcf/$_57.JPG

here's an alternate shot of the front of the one with waverlys (no stripe in headstock, and light coloration goes the full length of the fingerboard):
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzA5WDMwNg==/z/KBQAAOSwPhdVU4HK/$_12.JPG

Dan Co1e
May-13-2015, 2:59pm
Yeah, the guy posted the actual picture today after I messaged him a second time. Originally he got back to me and pretty much said the mandolins were identical and to get over the fact that he posted the same front shot in both auctions. Interesting that he has a no return policy..