PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Blevins Custom

Keifer
May-09-2015, 5:03pm
133897133898I worked with Eddie to make a really special mandolin. Beautiful quilted maple back, sides and neck. Engleman Spruce top. Triple binding Black, Ivory and Tortoise. MOP fern headstock. MOP block fret markers. Silver Waverly tuners that have the light magenta patina. this mandolin is off the chart beautiful not just in its stunning look but the sound is like Angels singing. The Engleman gives it that sweet sound that is so hard to find. It took over four months to build it like I wanted but so worth the wait.
/Users/keithfierman/Downloads/2015-05-05 19.48.02.jpg,

Keifer
May-09-2015, 5:08pm
I forgot to talk about the color. Its honey fading to chocolate with a hint of dark red. we worked on the color for a long time until we got it to the beautiful blend of Earth tones that you see!!! The wavily tuners are so worth the investment on a mandolin of this caliber. they are so smooth you almost want it to go out of tune just to feel them work. They are so precise that they rarely have to be touched. also built in K&K pickup sounds great.

Joey Anchors
May-09-2015, 8:02pm
Such a great looker!

Ron McMillan
May-10-2015, 12:38am
It's great to see a customer and a luthier combine skills to make something special. Well done.

Michael Bridges
May-10-2015, 6:44am
Love that finish! Really beautiful. Congrats on the new baby, I'd love to hear how she sounds.

Skip Kelley
May-11-2015, 2:05pm
Keifer, congratulations! That is a great looking F5! Love the quilted maple!

Keifer
May-11-2015, 2:25pm
Thanks Skip! My next project I'm going to have someone build is a Mandola. I just have to wait to save up or sell the Blevins