PDA

View Full Version : My New J Bovier F5 Tradition

David Beavers
Apr-17-2015, 1:06pm
I just got my new mandolin from Jeff Cowherd (owner of J Bovier) two days ago and I have to say that I'm ecstatic about this instrument. Jeff made my dad one of the same model a few months back and I decided I had to have one as well. It plays and sounds great. Jeff is super nice on the phone and set it up the way I wanted and even put a custom Serial number on it with my initials.

Also, my 10 year old son asked me for my Kentucky 150 and now is learning to play. Life is good! :grin:

DataNick
Apr-17-2015, 1:45pm
Congrats David!

The JBovier is a solid pro level instrument.

And Jeff is a good guy!

albeham
Apr-17-2015, 8:45pm
Welcome to the family. ....

Al

mandobassman
Apr-17-2015, 9:17pm
The JBovier is a solid pro level instrument.

I know mine is. I've had my A5 for a couple of years now and I still can't believe how good it sounds. You'll have many years of enjoyment from it.

darrylicshon
Apr-17-2015, 9:39pm
congrats i love mine also, hope you have many years of fun with it

CWRoyds
Apr-17-2015, 10:31pm
My JB F5 special totally rocks. I love it. I am sure you will grow even more fond of it as it gets played in. After a few months mine kinda bloomed. The original tightness started to open up and it is getting better and better. It is really amazing how good these JB mandolins sound and play. They are also very beautiful to look at. Awesome awesome instruments. Good luck with your JB adventure. :)

Michael Bridges
Apr-19-2015, 6:22am
Glad to hear it! I'm still loving my A5-T one year in. Welcome to the JB family.

bbaker2050
Jul-17-2015, 10:34am
Hey, that looks just like mine!! They really are great mandolins.