PDA

View Full Version : "Fertilizer for the brain."

Ryk Loske
Apr-04-2015, 2:59pm
I realize that this is a bit like preaching to the choir. (Can i get an Amen?) but i was able to get through kindergarten only because of my ability to share.

Jens Kruger is a brilliant 5-string banjo player and he was at the Deering factory putting together some free banjos for school kids. Someone there interviewed him while he was doing that. His thoughts and insights are pretty wonderful.

There's plenty of Jens playing on YouTube if you would want to check him out.

Enjoy the interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvRJGkM2nZ0

Ryk

F-2 Dave
Apr-04-2015, 5:40pm
Thanks for that. Jens is an amazing musician. Nice to know he's a good fella too.

outsidenote
Apr-05-2015, 11:04am
Nice interview, thanks for posting that. The Kruger Brothers are very much part of the community in Wilkes county and are very approachable. Jens makes some good points about music exposure and education.

Bertram Henze
Apr-05-2015, 12:14pm
Musical instruments given to kids are really a fertilizer turned into brains. Prevents their brains from turning into fertilizer later.

PaulVA
Apr-07-2015, 4:47pm
I've seen the Kruger brothers perform live many times. Jens is a true virtuoso, he can play any type of music on the five string and it's all as good as it gets. The Krugers are a treasure for acoustic music lovers! Great guys as well.....

Drew Egerton
Apr-08-2015, 7:55am
They are all super nice guys (friends of friends of mine). I actually took Joel, their bass player, up for a balloon ride a couple of years back. Have seen them play a few times and am always impressed. Just wish there was mandolin!