PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy New Gibson Tuners

Quanah
Apr-11-2005, 8:02pm
Can someone tell me where to buy the new tuners?
I have a 2004 F5G and saw the new tuners at the Dallas
Guitar Show. #Do you order them from Gibson? I saw a previous thread about "Mandojeremy" hooking someone up.
How do I get in touch with him? http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

Jonathan James
Apr-11-2005, 8:06pm
I think you can get them directly from the Gibson Showcase in Nashville. PM Big Joe and I'm sure he can help you.

Quanah
Apr-11-2005, 8:09pm
jjboone
Thanks - I'm new to the Cafe. What does "PM" Big Joe
mean???

GTison
Apr-11-2005, 8:27pm
private mail go to "search" or click on the little envelope on a post of his to send him a private message to his mando cafe box he can in turn reply to you the same way.

diamond ace
Apr-11-2005, 8:29pm
That was me that got some from Jeremy. I don't "think" he deals them though, we are just friends and he had some he wasn't using. I got the other set I have a the Gibson showcase in opry mills. You should be able to get big joe to send them to you. I think you will like them.

Hope this helps.

Lane Pryce
Apr-11-2005, 8:45pm
Quanah I purchased mine directly from Gibson.Call the showcase and place your order.Shipping is fast as I had mine in a couple of days. Lp

Quanah
Apr-11-2005, 9:51pm
JLP
Can you give me some idea of the price? Email if it's
a sensitive issue on the forum. Did you get the gold or
nickel? My F5G has the nickel but thinkin about going to
the gold.

Lane Pryce
Apr-12-2005, 8:09am
If I remember they were about $120.00 plus $5.00 for the shipping.Mine are nickle. Lp

Scotti Adams
Apr-12-2005, 12:14pm
I got mine from Big Joe...in nickle...$105.00 shipped.

Quanah
Apr-12-2005, 2:06pm
Scotti,
How do you order from Big Joe?
I called Gibson direct and they said they do not sell
direct. Do you have a product code or description.
I'm thinking the tuners are made by Grover but not sure.
Customer Svc Rep directed me to First Quality Music.
I'm not familiar with them, any experience?
I'd rather go to Big Joe based on what I've read here.

Quanah
Apr-12-2005, 4:20pm
The plot thickens! Did'nt know it would be this difficult.
I spoke with First Quality - they said the Schaller Tuners
on the gold - one is $52 the other is $124. They do not look like the tuners I saw on the Gibson mandos at the Dallas Guitar Show. The new ones look much more substanial and have a brush finish. Maybe Big Joe can clear things up?http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif???

Apr-12-2005, 4:39pm
First Quality is a good company. Good people. Great stuff.
Personally i would check with

Elderly Instruments (http://www.elderly.com)

Great people. Give Elderly a call. Im sure they can help.

Scotti Adams
Apr-12-2005, 4:44pm
try this RLH bigjoev@comcast.net

diamond ace
Apr-12-2005, 5:08pm
First quality nor canyone else can get you the Gibson Grovers. They are made only for Gibson and avalable only through them. When you call Gibson Showcase ask to speak to Joe. Tell him you are a Cafe member and what you want and he will hook you right up.

bris48
Apr-12-2005, 6:42pm
I just got off the phone with trippy at Gibson Showcase and was told the tuners for the F5G and the F9 are $279.00 and the tailpiece and cover in polished silver is $125.00
Where did you get your prices and was your prices for the new tuners or the older ones?

Quanah
Apr-12-2005, 6:53pm
I went on the website for First Quality and ask the
rep on the phone. He then referred me to the luthier
but they were busy. Like I said previously, the ones I
saw on the website catalog did not look like the one I
saw at the DGS. I finally called the showcase this afternoon and also spoke to Trippy but he was leaving and
told me to call tomorrow. Thanks for the price information. This has been interesting.

bris48
Apr-12-2005, 7:26pm
RHL
The reason I called Trippy for prices is because I'm selling the Silver hardware off my 2004 F9. I had Gold hardware put on it 3/4 weeks after I got it. Now I'm selling the Silver hardware and I needed a price range for the tuners and tailpiece and cover

Big Joe
Apr-12-2005, 10:45pm
Trippy was a bit off on the prices of the tuners. The gold tuners are 175.00 plus 5.00 s&h. The nickle are 125.00. Hope this helps. Just e-mail me at
joe.vest@gibson.com with your information and we will contact you direct and get that handled for you. These tuners are not available from anywhere else. Thank you.

bris48
Apr-13-2005, 4:19pm
QUANAH,
e-mail me
bris48@juno.com