PDA

View Full Version : sure a lot of lose screws out there

fredy
Mar-12-2015, 12:42am
I joined this group about 2003 posted for a while and left due to some of the silly post didn't know what I was reading until I read it! So started playing different instruments that I wouldn't be tempted. Tried again about 2and 1/2 years ago stopped again same reason. Picked a Octive mandolin and Chuito after Christmas and renewed my interest! After reading the post on builders form from The Noncorformist???:whistling::disbelief: Being disabled I'm always looking for things to read --ect can't get out much!! I tried to play today and again after his Pm and couldn't! finaly picked up my ukulele and just strummed for a while. His kind of people make me sad that I served and the pain an stuff I have endured for the last 45 years Knowing 60% of are vets a committing sucide encluding my own son, feeling I have had to fight for a long time and at 74 my feeling is what a waste of time and effort we suffer to support the likes of Him sorry about the RANT! but I guess I let him get to me thanks fred play nice:crying::crying:

mrmando
Mar-12-2015, 1:12am
Well, there are three minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Petrus
Mar-12-2015, 1:44am
Music can be very healing. Talkin' not so much!

I better check my own meds, I understood way too much of that post. :(

journeybear
Mar-12-2015, 2:15am
"... some of the silly post didn't know what I was reading until I read it!"

I'd say I'm in the same boat but I don't know which one that is. Kind of up a creek in a canoe with no paddle. Maybe you should do a bit less of what you're doing or more of what you aren't and try again.

Kidding aside, I understand you have some health issues, but if you want to be understood, you have to make more of an effort to communicate more clearly. Slow down a bit and take the time to type more accurately. Thanks.

Bertram Henze
Mar-12-2015, 2:15am
I guess I let him get to me

This. Amongst other useful things, the Cafe teaches us to avoid exactly that, a lesson that comes in handy everywhere in life.

Dave Hanson
Mar-12-2015, 2:48am
I don't object to anyone having a rant, but I have not got the faintest idea what fredy is on about.

Dave H

Bertram Henze
Mar-12-2015, 2:53am
I have not got the faintest idea what fredy is on about.

I guess it was this thread (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?114188-Non-conformist-idiot-here-could-use-a-support-therapist-)), where many of us had the same problem with that thread's OP. But reading that may be contagious.

P.S. There is a remedy I can recommend, and it even has mando content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFacWGBJ_cs

Jim Garber
Mar-12-2015, 6:30am
fredy: so sorry to hear about your travails, but, as you say you can't let others get you down. Skip the threads where people are posting idiocies, keep your wits about you and play your music. It is not the mandolin that is the fault, if I read your correctly. These forums are set up so you can ignore the stupid threads and get into the inspiring ones.

As to the self-described "idiot" of the referred-to thread: I have a distinct feeling that he may be fighting his own internal demons, but we can leave him to fight his own battles. So it goes...

Timbofood
Mar-12-2015, 7:22am
I though this was about the number of tuning machine screws which have turned up missing in the last few weeks!
Fredy, sorry for your trouble, I know quite a few vets in the same boat. Journey bear makes a good point though, just slow down and think out what you want to say or re read your message before posting, you might save some headaches.
Feel free to PM me if you need to, I try to have an ear for someone who needs to talk. I may not be able to help much but willing to try.
As far as making music, go slow, don't let yourself get too wound up by music, it's called "playing" for a reason.

JeffD
Mar-12-2015, 8:08am
I always keep in mind that this place, this café, is about the music. Its not the music. Its about the mandolin. Its not the mandolin.

Jeff Mando
Mar-12-2015, 8:16am
Hey Fredy, my great aunt, may she rest in peace, would tell me, "you gotta let that stuff roll off of you like water on a duck's back", but she never said back! :))There's a lot of great people here with years of experience and information that you can enjoy and learn from. And plenty of opinionated folks, too. But I find that a dog and a mandolin will never let me down. Keep smiling, bro.