PDA

View Full Version : Mardi Gras Collings MF

ChCollins
Feb-25-2015, 10:18pm
Well I didn't catch any beads in New Orleans but I did manage to snag this beast while in the Big Easy. 131093 131094 131095.
Believe it or not I found this online at the Guitar Center in New Orleans a couple weeks ago at an amazing deal. I put it on law away knowing I was heading down there for a symposium in a few weeks. (I have one of the best jobs in the world to have sent me on a educational trip during the final week of Mardi Gras!). Anyhow this was definitely the highlight of the trip and having this baby in the hotel room for four nights allowed me to play it to my hearts desire without disturbing the wife.
It is in near mint condition and seems to have some custom appointments Iv'e never seen before on a MF model. Its basically and MF5 minus headstock/neck bindings and head stock inlay. It has a full gloss lacquer finish with white trimmed F holes and gold hardware. If any one would care to share If you've ever seen another one exactly like this, I'd appreciate it. I also hate to make it about money, but what would the value of this instrument be given the upgrades? Seems like I see a lot of used MF models in the range of $3200- $3500