PDA

View Full Version : Sound of my carbon mandolin (self built)

carbonpiou
Feb-03-2015, 2:07pm
Hello,

I come from poster, just at this moment, a clip which will be able to give you an idea of the rather particular sound of a mandoline out of carbon and in a register really different.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUXe9fJ4j98

Some, on this forum, know already the instrument which I manufactured. For the others, I unite a photograph Especially…, you do not deprive of the opinions and criticisms!!
Afflicted for this writing not very good. I am French…

red7flag
Feb-03-2015, 5:33pm
Fascinating build. I am not a builder, but am interested in the drop where the tail piece is. What is the reason? The bridge has a very distinctive approach also. Again, I am curious the reason for its design. I enjoyed the video also. Thank you for sharing. My French is not strong enough to write in French Je parle francais un peau.

cayuga red
Feb-03-2015, 5:35pm
Your mandolin sounds wonderful. Thank you for posting!

rubydubyr
Feb-03-2015, 7:40pm
Gorgeous instrument, beautiful tone, and great playing! (and your English is MUCH better than my French! :) )

carbonpiou
Feb-04-2015, 12:16am
Thank you for your nice compliments, friends!
To answer Red7Flag, I used carbon quite simply because this is a material which I learned how to control in my professional life and also because carbon has excellent acoustic qualities.
You can see other photographs of instruments out of carbon and my method of construction on these pages, for those which that interests.

http://lutheriecarbone.monsite.orange.fr

Good day. In France, it snows…

billhay4
Feb-04-2015, 11:17am
Nice piece and, you are correct, a very distinctive sounding mandolin. Quite lovely.
Bill

Randi Gormley
Feb-04-2015, 11:54am
Very nice. Some really interesting overtones, especially on the higher notes. Beautifully played.