PDA

View Full Version : Blonde Newell A style

Keith Newell
Jan-31-2015, 1:13am
Long time coming with some of the best wood grain patterns that just pop! The fluorescent lights with the camera don't even touch the real warm color that is more honey and not yellow. This is probably one of my prettiest mandolins I have seen or built. The sound is so damn nice. I want it but I bought a new toy so that's tugging on me to sell it but I really love this baby.
Bear claw pattern in the spruce top, and even the headstock overlay has some of the same pattern. the back is one that as you move the mandolin the light goes dark or the other way. The sides do the same thing to an extreme. The bear claw in the spruce top either look dark against light or light against dark as you move it. Neck is the same as sides.......hmmm sounds like I'm trying to talk myself out of selling it.
I have tried to delete this post as I remember something about implying a sale so if the mod can delete it I would appreciate it.

Most important is sound. It is one I want to own...need I say more?

Keith Newell
Jan-31-2015, 1:16am
I somehow had a brainfart and couldn't attach pics...problem solved :)

jasona
Jan-31-2015, 10:56am
Looks as sweet as honey as well Keith!

I've been enjoying watching your builds over the years, this one really knocks it out of the park!

billhay4
Jan-31-2015, 11:48am
Nice, Keith. I'd like to hear that one.
Bill

juneman
Jan-31-2015, 1:34pm
REAL NICE, KEITH!!

Walter

Skip Kelley
Jan-31-2015, 4:20pm
Keith, that is a really fine looking A model!

Keith Newell
Feb-01-2015, 2:40am
Thanks! It means a lot to me to have people that know there stuff say something nice like that.
Keith

GKWilson
Feb-01-2015, 2:51pm
I'm more of a brunette kind of guy.
But, that's one blonde I wouldn't mind hanging around the house.
Gary

pheffernan
Feb-01-2015, 5:27pm
I'm more of a brunette kind of guy.
But, that's one blonde I wouldn't mind hanging around the house.
Gary

You might like this one at Mandomutt (I do): http://www.mandomutt.com/products-page/mandolins/2013-newell-custom-a