PDA

View Full Version : Breedlove mando: Truss rod adjustment tool

bagpipe
Jan-29-2015, 2:42pm
I have a 2003 Breedlove Olympic mandolin which needs a slight trussrod tweak. I removed the little truss rod cover but I don't recognize which tool I'd need to adjust the trussrod i.e. its not an Allen screw like I'm used to seeing on my guitars.

Can anyone describe the tool I'd need to adjust the truss rod? I bought this mandolin used so I don't know if Breedlove mandolins would normally come with the required tool?

Ivan Kelsall
Jan-30-2015, 3:09am
The obvious thing to do is to e-mail Breedlove & ask. I've e-mailed Weber on a number of ocassions to request info.& they've always come up with the info.required. I think that quality builders such as Breedlove & others, take such enquiries as a bit of a compliment - you're playing one of their instruments & care enough to ask their advice. They might even be able to supply you with the tool you need. Breedlove mandolins are very nice instruments indeed. I've played 4 & they've all sounded good - even with the shop worn strings,
Ivan;)

Ryan Fish
Jan-30-2015, 12:25pm
You will need a 1/4" nut driver

Markus
Jan-30-2015, 12:47pm
I found better response calling vs. emailing, but they have been really helpful in the past for me. Highly encourage contacting them [Jason who called me back knew all my answers and seemed like a really great guy].

That is, if Ryan didn't just solve it.

Ivan Kelsall
Feb-01-2015, 3:54am
Well one guy at Breedlove (Ryan) has his eyes open !,:grin:
Ivan~:>

bagpipe
Feb-07-2015, 5:53pm
Just wanted to report back and say that you guys were right on the money. I finally found the 1/4" nut driver from my little driver set and it fit perfectly. Slacked it off half a turn. Thanks again.