PDA

View Full Version : From Sea: An original collaboration

Astro
Jan-29-2015, 7:04am
https://soundcloud.com/bill-seasharp/from-sea-an-original-collaboration

I wrote a song but Ole Sausage really brought it to life. David did a great mandolin arrangement that reminds me of a "Sea Shanty". He then performed all the instrumentals and beefed me up with great back up vocals and a great mix-down of the sound files. He is quite a talent.

I'm not sure if this is the final draft of the song or if it should have a defined chorus but I didn't want to keep it on the shelf forever so I thought I'd throw it out there and see what the forum thinks.

Bertram Henze
Jan-29-2015, 7:37am
Nice voice (reminds me very much of John Linnell of They Might be Giants) :)
Extra points for crediting your "backing band", like a gentleman does :cool:

rubydubyr
Jan-29-2015, 8:53am
pretty awesome kudos to both you and old sausage! :)

Denman John
Jan-29-2015, 9:18am
Great stuff ~ I really enjoyed it.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

John

JEStanek
Jan-29-2015, 9:31am
I like it. Thanks for getting it out here.

Jamie

JeffD
Jan-29-2015, 10:17am
Sounds like it was a lot of fun. Good stuff.

choctaw61
Jan-29-2015, 11:35am
Nicely done.I enjoyed it.I hope to hear more soon. Bertram I was reminded of Harry Chapin on vocals for a moment.(Cat's In The Cradle).Great work guys really!!!

Astro
Jan-29-2015, 7:30pm
Thanks all.

Yeah it was lots of fun to hear it come to life. And trust me it was DOA boring with my original campfire guitar strumming.

It really only became listenable after going through the Sausage grinder :mandosmiley:

jclover
Jan-29-2015, 11:10pm
I thought it was great, thanks for sharing. Congrats to Astro and Old Sausage on a job very well done.

Marty Jacobson
Jan-30-2015, 12:12am
Really cool, gents! Nice work, as expected. Great song.
Do you sail, Bill?
Reminds me of the McCalmans or Corries, those old songs about hunting the shoals of herring or smuggling.

Astro
Jan-30-2015, 7:41am
Thanks Marty. Yeah grew up on the water. Did a little open ocean, a lot of island hopping, and some local club regatta just for fun. But its been awhile. Mostly now when I'm not working, I just want to play music.

Rob Beck
Jan-30-2015, 7:58am
Very impressed, nice song and great production. Those mandolin lead parts really work well, I like the guitar playing too. Well done guys! :)

OldSausage
Feb-25-2015, 10:28pm
I really like everything about this song, great words, very atmospheric and a nicely understated theme. Bill's a clever guy.

Michael Bridges
Feb-28-2015, 1:15pm
Can't beleive I haven't heard this til today. Very nice job, Bill and Dave! Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed that.

Mark Wilson
Feb-28-2015, 2:09pm
Excellent track! Kudos to song writer and performers. Enjoyed! :cool:

Thx MB for bumping it. I saw it at work one day but the firewall won't allow SC streaming.