PDA

View Full Version : Stanley #8

Scot Thayer
Apr-04-2005, 7:08pm
Here's a few pics I pulled from Chris Stanley's photo site of my new mandolin - Stanley #8. What a great sounding mando. Check out Charles Johnson's website for a description of how Stanley mandolins sound - I'd say it applies 100% to this one as well. And Chris is a great guy to deal with - no financial interest, just a happy customer.

Scot Thayer
Apr-04-2005, 7:09pm
Here's another of the front.

Scot Thayer
Apr-04-2005, 7:12pm
And one of the back. Varnish finish by the way.

Jonathan James
Apr-06-2005, 6:47pm
Really sharp looking. How does it sound?

ryanh
Apr-06-2005, 8:08pm
Scot, does Chris Stanley have a webpage? Or could you pass along contact info for him? I live in WI and am in the market and would like to play some of his instruments.

chris
Apr-06-2005, 9:22pm
My Webpage (http://community.webshots.com/user/stanleymando)

Scot Thayer
Apr-06-2005, 10:24pm
Thanks jjboone101, it sounds great. #Well balanced across all the strings, very full sound with lots of midrange and plenty of volume. #I will be changing the nut to a more comfortable spacing for me, and also scooping the extension. #The top is red spruce so it will take some time to open up - but it sounds so good now I can't imagine what it will sound like a year from now. #I'm very pleased I took the plunge.

jasona
Apr-06-2005, 10:27pm
Love that back--looks like a glossy new Loar.

Lane Pryce
Apr-07-2005, 9:38am
Your new mandolin certainly is stunning.The scroll work is top shelf and that finish is slick!!!Congrats. Lp