PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Scott Tichenor - A Place in the Heart

Rick Duvernay
Jan-22-2015, 7:20pm
Hello Folks-

I am very devoted to the Cafe for the past five years since taking up playing the mandolin, but I rarely post. Last month I was moved by the story posted in the forum about the passing of Scott's friend, Bill Crahan. I was also moved and inspired after hearing the tune they often played together, A Place in the Heart.

I am sure that I was affected, in large part, because I have been dealing with the end of life scenario for my father in law. He passed away peacefully last Saturday in a hospice after having a great life for 87 years. With all the weirdness, sadness and boredom associated with dropping out of your normal life and spending your time with someone nearing the end, I had lots of time and took great comfort in learning and playing this song.

So, I want to say thank you to you Scott for sharing your story, for sharing the song, and for creating and maintaining this site that inspires so many in so many different ways. Inspiration is priceless as they say in Mastercard commercials, but I show will show my appreciation and thanks for that inspiration with a $50 donation to the cafe. Here is my rendition:

https://soundcloud.com/mandorick/a-place-in-the-heartmp3

Rick Duvernay

bigskygirl
Jan-22-2015, 7:56pm
So nice and very sorry for your loss. My mom died suddenly two years ago today so I didn't have to experience the long goodbye but it sure left a hole in my heart, I was feeling kind of down today....beautiful playing....it's very poignant....

journeybear
Jan-23-2015, 1:26am
Nicely done, all around. Hang in there. It gets better.

Bertram Henze
Jan-23-2015, 3:45am
Moments like that are not in vain, and if they weren't neccessary and good for us nature would not provide them. We can walk our way a stronger person, and let the departed go theirs, knowing that our paths will cross again if they need to.

JEStanek
Jan-23-2015, 9:54am
Playing for the sick and dying is a real gift to them. Thanks for doing that for him.

Jamie