PDA

View Full Version : Lonesome road blues...folk style...vocal critique please

bluesguy63
Jan-18-2015, 11:29pm
Looking for honest ears...is this on key? etc..

https://soundcloud.com/bluesguy1963/lonesome-road-blues-folk-style

roysboy
Jan-19-2015, 6:32am
Real nice job ....

Astro
Jan-19-2015, 8:01am
Nice. I enjoyed it and your vocals are good. If you want suggestions for another take on it, here is something to try.

I really like how it starts off with your voice low and quiet. Almost like you're a little sad. But maybe then think that you're beginning to stew. So now about halfway into the song maybe go a little louder. Then the last quarter of the song really get the energy up --almost like you're a little angry. It fits the song. Then finally go loud with a full smile on your face like you overcame it and go into a full-out raucous. Of course in our heads, by the end we'll have faded in a back up chorus, some percussion, maybe a harmonica solo.

I mean its nice all quiet too, but its just something to try.

Can't you see our smiling faces...On The Cover Of The Rolling Stone...I can see it now, we'll be up there smiling...Ahhh Beautiful.

bluesguy63
Jan-19-2015, 8:56am
Thanks for comments...just trying to get to the point where I would get a passing grade at a jam session or maybe an open mic.

joni24
Jan-19-2015, 1:08pm
You're definitely jam-ready! Just be prepared to take lots of instrumental breaks between the verses so everyone that wants to can take an instrumental solo. Also you may find that one or more people want to harmonize with you since this is a nice, well known folk, blues & bluegrass song. Go for it!

billhay4
Jan-20-2015, 12:48pm
You've got a blues voice.
Bill

bluesguy63
Jan-20-2015, 8:38pm
You've got a blues voice.
Bill

Is that good or bad :)