PDA

View Full Version : Winter Mandolin

atbuckner21
Jan-15-2015, 8:30pm
I purchased the Winter Mandolin that Quinton McDannald posted for sale in the classifieds a few days ago. I am excited to get it, and will put a review up when I get it :) Should go nicely with my Mid MO and Ode :)128993

rubydubyr
Jan-15-2015, 9:19pm
looks beautiful, you'll have to post an mp3 also :)

spufman
Jan-16-2015, 12:42pm
Cool, definitely post the review. The ad was interesting, as I recall.

atbuckner21
Jan-16-2015, 1:06pm
I will for sure. Quinton McDannald is the builder, and he has been so accessible and easy to work with. I am really excited to get the mandolin and give it a try :)

jaycat
Jan-16-2015, 2:38pm
Look forward to hearing it, it looks gorgeous. I started a thread on the zero nut in general, but after having seen this specifically.

atbuckner21
Jan-16-2015, 11:25pm
I am really excited to play it. It seems that a lot of thought has gone into the design, and I love knowing it's one of a kind :)

Blewbyou
Jan-18-2015, 10:56am
Congrats! I was very close to pulling the trigger on this one also. Love the look! Would love to read a review on it and a sound clip if possible.

atbuckner21
Jan-18-2015, 10:25pm
It should deliver tomorrow. I will put a review up sometime this week. I am no authority, but maybe a little info about it will help. I will say this, the process of buying it was super easy and from what I can tell so far, Quinton has a good understanding of the craft. I can't wait to actually play it, it's killing me!!! :)

atbuckner21
Jan-19-2015, 12:03pm
My McDannald Winter Mandolin just arrived to my office. This is a wonderful instrument. The fit and finish are so nice. It's extremely playable. It projects as much or more than my Ode. Is extremely light. And has a lovely, rich tone. I can't wait to break it in after work, and really get to see how great it is. :)

atbuckner21
Jan-19-2015, 9:15pm
The fit and finish on this mandolin are so nice, as is the tone. It came setup perfectly to my taste on delivery, with great fret work, Grover tuners, and an Allen style tailpiece. It has a lot of projection, great intonation, and the mortis and tenon joint (in place of dovetail) does give more access to the upper frets. I was expecting a quality mandolin, but my expectations were surpassed. I am going to put some new strings on it tonight, and hopefully have a quiet night of mando playing :)

atbuckner21
Jan-21-2015, 11:54am
The more I play this mandolin, the more I love it :)

jaycat
Jan-21-2015, 12:24pm
Glad to hear it. When you're ready, how about a sound clip?