PDA

View Full Version : Mid Missouri M-1

atbuckner21
Jan-07-2015, 10:38pm
<Removed by Moderator>

bratsche
Jan-07-2015, 11:02pm
Before this gets shut down, why don't you just put it up for sale? (in the classifieds, of course).

bratsche

atbuckner21
Jan-07-2015, 11:44pm
For starters I don't want to sell it, I want to trade. I know that many people are like me and can't get on everyday. For this reason, a lot of times the person who needs to see the post doesn't because they don't want to go back through a week's worth of classified ads. Also, if you post something more than once on classifieds (so that the people who don't want to track their way back through a week of postings might be able to see your post) someone will email you and tell you that it's bad etiquette to post something again and again in the classifieds. I put the Mid Mo here so that someone who is really looking for a Mid Mo might be able to find one by key words in the forum and so that I can get advice on what people think the Mid Mo's are worth as far as trades. Hope this helps! If this thread needs to be shut down I totally understand. Thanks! :)

dwc
Jan-08-2015, 12:28am
There is a "Trades" section of the classifieds. It doesn't get as much traffic as the Mandolins For Sale section, so ads don't accumulate. I have had good success with trades in the past.

Dave Weiss
Jan-08-2015, 1:16am
It probably doesn't help that the tailpiece cover is missing and the strings need to be trimmed. It appears that the mandolin hasn't been cared for...
Don't worry that your add dropped off of the front page. I've sold a few mandolins through the classifieds here and a few of those were in the ads for a couple of weeks. BE PATIENT. I've sold every mandolin I've ever advertised here. I even traded a The Loar 400 A-5 for a Mid-Mo...

pheffernan
Jan-08-2015, 7:00am
Andrew,

Respectfully, you are not going to endear yourself to a community of mandolin consumers by flouting its conventions. Spamming the classifieds with eight variations of the same ad -- a MidMo for an A5 -- is bad form, as is now starting two threads (both sure to be locked) about the same practice. Your offer is going to interest only a small segment of players, so you are either going to need to be patient (I have had a Gypsy flattop posted since before Thanksgiving) or you are going to need to adjust your strategy. My advice would be to post the MidMo for sale. I'd hazard a guess that it's worth $400, so if you list it for that price, you might have to wait a while. Offer it for $350, and I'll bet you'd get some nibbles. If you're willing to accept $300, it'll be gone by nightfall. Then you can take that $300 and buy the Kentucky KM-150 or the Breedlove Crossover you've been seeking.

Good luck!
Patrick

nickster60
Jan-08-2015, 8:39am
I would have to agree with the notion that the multiple ad strategy is a real turn off to many. It has a real Craigslist feel to it. If you were going on a date would you go with your hair all messed up? Trim the strings and make the mandolin attractive to the prospective buyer. Selling things is harder than dating, there isn't a free meal involved. I also agree with just sell the mandolin and buy what you want.

fatt-dad
Jan-08-2015, 8:54am
You also have an uphill battle trying to work a deal against the site policy when you have only 12 posts on the site. We really don't even know you. . .

f-d

nickster60
Jan-08-2015, 9:07am
What Fatt Dad said. When picking a online partner to buy from trust is the utmost importance.

atbuckner21
Jan-08-2015, 9:29am
Thanks to everyone for the advice. Sorry to have offended anybody by posting things too much or in the wrong category. Lesson learned. Have a good start to your new year. Thanks!:)

atbuckner21
Jan-08-2015, 9:36am
I also took down every post other than this one(because I don't know how) and one ad in the classified. Again, I apologize for offending anybody, I am still new to the site and am learning. Thanks for your help. :)

nickster60
Jan-08-2015, 9:51am
I don't think you offended anyone. When selling things online appearances is all the buyer really has access to, so it is very important. You also have to patient when selling, sometimes it takes a little while to sell things.

fatt-dad
Jan-08-2015, 10:00am
Heck, I'm not offended! Site moderators may be a bit bothered. Can't quite speak for them. . .

f-d

atbuckner21
Jan-08-2015, 10:12am
Thanks for the encouragement! This has had me worried all morning lol I respect the Café and it's members, and I am sincerely sorry for bucking the system. That was in no way my intent and it won't happen again. :)

JEStanek
Jan-08-2015, 12:08pm
Yes. Please stick to the Guidelines (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/faq.php).

Jamie