PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Nashville Mandolin Camp?

3rdegree
Jan-06-2015, 2:30pm
I will be one of the lucky 13 attendees at NMC next month and thought it would be nice to meet any of my fellow attendees ahead of time to get acquainted. I know we won't have much time to do so once we get to the camp. Please say hi!

Brian

DataNick
Jan-06-2015, 3:38pm
Brian,

I'd totally forgotten, but do you play your Jam Master lefty upside down like Hendrix?

3rdegree
Jan-07-2015, 6:54am
Wait a minute... I'm playing it upside down!!??

3rdegree
Jan-09-2015, 7:20pm
Hi Nick,

Happy New Year my friend. Well I've looked into the matter and apparently, yes... I am playing a right handed strung mando upside down. I hope you won't hold that against me or I'm not breaking any kind of Mando Law. I just assumed everyone else was holding it wrong!

Montananmrk
Jan-27-2015, 7:37pm
hi there. i went last year and am going again this year. it is a blast!

Marc Katz
Jan-27-2015, 8:57pm
I'm going. I was there last year (week2). Psyched!

3rdegree
Jan-28-2015, 12:32pm
Hi Marc and Montananmrk,

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I'm Brian from Las Vegas. I currently play upright in a band here called Out of the Desert but also play mando in a different band. I have been playing music since I was 13, professionally since I was 20 (I'm 49 now) and have been on the mandolin for a little over 2 years.

I thought it would be nice to get to know some fellow students and their playing history as well as hearing about the camp from someone who has been before. I am so excited, especially that SPBGMA is the same weekend that I can hardly stand it!

Would enjoy hearing from you both.

Brian