PDA

View Full Version : MAS has struck

Dawgrobber
Apr-01-2005, 6:33pm
My wife says I officially have MAS; I just got my third mando. #A Mandobird IV. Seems to play nice and the action is not too high (could be a bit lower). #Intonation is not too bad, but I think I am going to have to adjust it.

mandolooter
Apr-02-2005, 2:37am
its real easy to lower with a screw driver if need be. be sure and check the intonation too, mine (long since gone) was way off when i got it new. I found out im just an acoustic type of guy for the most part but it was FUN!

billkilpatrick
Apr-02-2005, 4:39am
check out "Post a picture of your mandolin" to see what someone (mandroid) did to his?!?!

love is strange - bill

bjc
Apr-04-2005, 10:07pm
I too had to make some major adjustments to the intonation, but MAN, I love to see people's reactions when I kick in the dirt for a solo...fun little toy....

jefflester
Apr-06-2005, 5:31pm
check out "Post a picture of your mandolin" to see what someone (mandroid) did to his?!?!
Or what Spruce did to his:

Distressed Mandobird (http://www.mandolincafe.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=15;t=23620;hl=distressed+ma ndobird)

Dawgrobber
Apr-06-2005, 7:27pm
its real easy to lower with a screw driver if need be. #be sure and check the intonation too, mine (long since gone) was way off when i got it new. #I found out im just an acoustic type of guy for the most part but it was FUN!
Actually, all it took was a little minor lengthing of the G string and it plays true to the 12th fret. #No sweat. #The other strings were intonated just fine right out of the box. #I guess Epiphone is listening to the complaints from out in the wide, wide MandoWorld.