PDA

View Full Version : Mass St. Music

F-2 Dave
Jan-03-2015, 10:25am
Had to make a trip near Lawrence yesterday to get a tractor part. I thought I'd take the opportunity to visit Mass St. music. Great store, friendly helpful staff. Got to play a Gilchrist for the first time. A real treat. Only about two and a half hours away. Don't know why I waited so long to go.

Michael Weaver
Jan-03-2015, 10:48am
I catch hell every time I tell someone I haven't been there. It's about 1.5 to 2 hours from me. I have visited them at their booth in Winfield every year just never been to the store. It would have to be a trip specifically for that because I have no business in Lawrence. Are you North or South?

F-2 Dave
Jan-03-2015, 10:59am
South and East. About thirty min. North of Springfield.

Scott Tichenor
Jan-03-2015, 11:07am
I catch hell every time I tell someone I haven't been there. It's about 1.5 to 2 hours from me. I have visited them at their booth in Winfield every year just never been to the store. It would have to be a trip specifically for that because I have no business in Lawrence. Are you North or South?

You're in denial. I can easily make it from my house which is a half mile from Lawrence to The Elms in Excelsior Springs in barely over an hour.

Don Julin
Jan-03-2015, 11:15am
Just announced! I will be presenting a mandolin workshop at Mass St Music on Tuesday Feb 24, followed by a short in store concert with my duo partner Billy Strings. Hope to see some of you there. BTW Mass St Music is a great store. Jim, Anne, and everyone else there is helpful and friendly, not to mention they have a great selection of acoustic instruments new and used. Not sure if it is still there but there was a funky little latin place downtown Lawrence (La Parilla?) that has great inexpensive food.

Bill Foss
Jan-03-2015, 11:36am
Had to make a trip near Lawrence yesterday ....got to play a Gilchrist for the first time. A real treat. Only about two and a half hours away. Don't know why I waited so long to go.

And what did you think of the Gilchrist? I haven't been to Mass St. Music, but I've communicated via email and phone they are very nice and helpful people.

Michael Weaver
Jan-03-2015, 11:40am
You're in denial. I can easily make it from my house which is a half mile from Lawrence to The Elms in Excelsior Springs in barely over an hour.

For one I drive slow and I'm also northeast of Excelsior. I know about your love for Lawrence, Scott. :) I didn't mean anything by it.

F-2 Dave
Jan-03-2015, 2:34pm
Just announced! I will be presenting a mandolin workshop at Mass St Music on Tuesday Feb 24, followed by a short in store concert with my duo partner Billy Strings. Hope to see some of you there. BTW Mass St Music is a great store. Jim, Anne, and everyone else there is helpful and friendly, not to mention they have a great selection of acoustic instruments new and used. Not sure if it is still there but there was a funky little latin place downtown Lawrence (La Parilla?) that has great inexpensive food.

We had lunch at The Burger Stand just down the street. Great burgers. Have to try La Parilla next time.