PDA

View Full Version : What is the music in the background?

jshane
Dec-29-2014, 7:42am
In the video that highlights Tom Ellis' shop, there is a great tune in the background--- Does anyone recognize it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYObbCufvoo

pheffernan
Dec-29-2014, 7:52am
The end credits acknowledge original music by Matt Miles (guitar) and Mick Baker (mandolin).

jshane
Dec-29-2014, 8:02am
The end credits acknowledge original music by Matt Miles (guitar) and Mick Baker (mandolin).

Wow.... missed that entirely.... note to self: "attempt to get out of own way more often"..

THANKS!

Winfield
Dec-29-2014, 9:05am
That Ellis just has the sound.

pheffernan
Dec-29-2014, 9:19am
Wow.... missed that entirely.... note to self: "attempt to get out of own way more often"..

THANKS!

No, thank you. I always enjoy watching that video again, listening to Tom and especially Pava speak about their craft. It makes me feel even better about my purchase. :)

Ivan Kelsall
Dec-30-2014, 4:04am
From Winfield - " That Ellis just has the sound.". For those of us lucky enough to own an Ellis new or 'used' (as mine was),the sound comes with the package. Truly spectacular instruments from quality of build to the tone. In the 9 years i've been on here,& i've been a mandolin fan since 1964,just a tad slow in buying one - i've not seen a single printed word re.the Ellis mandolins, that hasn't been in praise of them. I'd only heard Ellis mandolins on recordings by Ricky Skaggs who played one at the time,then i saw a photo.of the mandolin that RS was playing - how could you not admire such immaculate build quality ?,
Ivan