PDA

View Full Version : A great pleasure

jshane
Dec-26-2014, 11:30am
I had the distinct pleasure last night (Christmas Evening) to spend the evening playing music with my wife (octave mandolin), 2 sons (guitar and mandolin), neighbor and friend of over 30 years (guitar), and more recent but also dear friend (Quebecois fiddler), with others in the gathering singing or contributing rhythm.

If all of you get as much joy from your music as I did last night, well, we are all truly blessed.

-j.

pheffernan
Dec-26-2014, 11:55am
But how did your Pava sound? :)

rubydubyr
Dec-26-2014, 1:50pm
I had a great time playing Christmas carols with my daughter Christmas eve and Christmas :)

jshane
Dec-26-2014, 2:17pm
But how did your Pava sound? :)

My Pava never ceases to amaze me---- it plays far far better that _I_ do!

billhay4
Dec-26-2014, 5:50pm
A great way to spend an evening, any evening, but especially Christmas eve.
Bill

Eddie Sheehy
Dec-26-2014, 6:04pm
I played Christmas Carols (Mandola Resonator) with my son (concertina) and Brother-in-law (guitar) while the other family members sang...

roysboy
Dec-26-2014, 6:16pm
Likewise . Enjoyed a wonderous time picking Christmas and many more favorites on mandolin and guitar with my long time ( 30 years ) good friend and fiddle -playing buddy , his son on flutes and guitar , his wife , mother -in-law and daughter on superb vocal harmonies , some neighbour folk and some terrific food . It was just about the perfect Christmas day and I felt very blessed .

Best of the season to the Cafe-ers ..!

Sterling
Dec-26-2014, 6:49pm
This is Heresy! I've played trumpet Christmas eve since 1972! Something quiet and reserved? Good for you! I would love to play my mandolin for a service.

Kowboy
Dec-26-2014, 7:03pm
This Christmas, I spent time developing two songs. They were; He Has Come For Us / God rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, which is a really nice version of the song and What Child is this.

Caleb
Dec-26-2014, 7:03pm
I have played an annual Christmas party at a friend's house for many years. I only use my guitar but always have a lot of fun.

Randi Gormley
Dec-27-2014, 9:45am
We went to a St. Stephen's party last night -- designed around music. It started with carols on the piano, moved into traditional irish music and then morphed into jazz before they served dinner. We had to leave about then, but it looked like the music was going to go on for another couple of hours. Maybe a dozen musicians, some we knew and some we didn't. A great tradition.