PDA

View Full Version : My new A Model

guitharsis
Mar-31-2005, 11:03pm
Just completed by local luthier, Kevin Mathers
www.oldtimemandolin.com I'm out of town and can't wait to pick it up next week!

Onesound
Apr-01-2005, 10:25am
Very nice looking instruments (on his web site). #I can understand why you are excited. #Please post some pictures.
Congrats!

brian

Jim Garber
Apr-01-2005, 11:57am
Is this (http://www.oldtimemandolin.com/Amodel.html) what yours will look like? What woods... more details...

Jim

jmkatcher
Apr-01-2005, 12:39pm
That's very nice! I especially like the spalled peghead inlay.

guitharsis
Apr-01-2005, 1:42pm
Thanks everyone. #That one is mine. #Kevin e-mailed me last night that he completed my mandolin and that the pics were on his website.

Baron Collins-Hill
Apr-01-2005, 3:19pm
i really like that one, ah, weve got quite a load of awesome a-style pics going on lately, i love it

Martin Jonas
Apr-01-2005, 8:02pm
Looks like a flatback, but I can't make out whether it's a flattop or carved top. Either way, it looks very sleek!

Martin

Karen Kay
Apr-01-2005, 8:15pm
That is gorgeous! I bet you can't wait get it in your hands.
KK

guitharsis
Apr-02-2005, 7:53am
Thanks, Martin & Karen. Carved top and carved back, Martin.

You're right, Karen. #I can't wait to play it!

guitharsis
Apr-08-2005, 2:10pm
Picked the mandolin up today. Must say that the sound is wonderful. It sounds as good as it looks. The workmanship is impeccable.

Doreen

guitharsis
Apr-14-2005, 8:28am
Brought the mandolin in to my lesson this week. My teacher also has a mandolin built by Kevin, an F style (spruce top, walnut b/s). He played my mandolin, his mandolin, we played a piece together etc. It was interesting and exciting to hear the subtle differences in sound, yet both sounded great. It's defnitely worth it to invest in a luthier made mandolin!