PDA

View Full Version : Other forums

Michael Weaver
Dec-19-2014, 9:09pm
This has been said on here before but I feel the need to repeat it. I am a member of some other forums related to music. When I make a comparison I realize how hard we try to be nice to people by making them feel welcome. Not that I'm good about it but I try. Either way, I definitely realize now just how different we are.

Sure, we all make jokes about each other, form alias accounts in order to do just that....not that I WOULD DO THAT...... :) We even get in arguments over scrolls vs no scrolls or how come that scroll isn't clean enough. At the end of the day I always come back to the Cafe because I feel at home here. With that being said, I can't wait to make fun of you all. Thank you, Michael.

fredfrank
Dec-19-2014, 9:12pm
There are other forums?

Michael Weaver
Dec-19-2014, 9:18pm
There are other forums?

LOL! Not really.....they don't really count.

rubydubyr
Dec-19-2014, 11:40pm
Being a relative newbie to the café, I can definitely say it is a nice place to be and I thank you all! :)

OldSausage
Dec-20-2014, 12:15am
This has been said on here before but I feel the need to repeat it. I am a member of some other forums related to music. When I make a comparison I realize how hard we try to be nice to people by making them feel welcome. Not that I'm good about it but I try. Either way, I definitely realize now just how different we are.

Sure, we all make jokes about each other, form alias accounts in order to do just that....not that I WOULD DO THAT...... :) We even get in arguments over scrolls vs no scrolls or how come that scroll isn't clean enough. At the end of the day I always come back to the Cafe because I feel at home here. With that being said, I can't wait to make fun of you all. Thank you, Michael.

Oh, who cares what you think, Michael?

timcw4
Dec-20-2014, 12:39am
As a fairly new member I've been impressed by how little instrument "snobbery" I've run into unlike other instrument focused forums and the genuine effort folks put into being helpful. I'd have never met the lovely Miss Bovier (my A5 Tradition) without this forum. Salute!
:mandosmiley:

Pasha Alden
Dec-20-2014, 2:09am
Must agree. There is the odd interesting off side comment, but generally I find the café a treasure trove of knowledge, a place where new players and more seasoned players can feel welcome! Also met my Bovier through this café. A place of sound advice. Bravo encore Café!

Michael Weaver
Dec-20-2014, 3:12am
Oh, who cares what you think, Michael?

Awww...you cared enough to comment!

nickster60
Dec-20-2014, 9:28am
I belong to many forums, I find them a great source of knowledge. But as stated they are all not created equal as a matter of fact some can be downright hostile. If you have ever spent any time on RV or Harley site you will know what I am a referring too.The cafe is my only regular stop the rest are as needed. The only equivalent site to the Cafe I have found is Sax on the Web it is also a well run.

Kowboy
Dec-20-2014, 10:32am
Here at The Cafe; We serve The Soup of The Day! I like soup.

allenhopkins
Dec-20-2014, 12:55pm
Much credit to Scott T and the moderators for keeping the Cafe´on an even keel. On other fora (my high school Latin residue), I've observed, even participated in, hundred-post nasty arguments -- flaming, impostor posts, deception, etc.

Not here. And the amount of useful information that gets exchanged -- truly amazing!

To me, one of the best features, is that here I'm not afraid to make a mistake -- mis-identify an instrument, mis-recall a tune, etc. I'll get corrected, sure, but I won't get ridiculed. That's a feeling of safety you don't find everywhere.

nickster60
Dec-20-2014, 12:57pm
Hear,Hear

Michael Weaver
Dec-20-2014, 1:28pm
The only equivalent site to the Cafe I have found is Sax on the Web

NICK!!! Ohhhhhh....Sax

Steve VandeWater
Dec-21-2014, 11:57am
I also agree that this place is welcoming to all. The guys with the high-end ( read expensive) instruments are always supportive of the newbie owner proud of his Rogue. There are so many of us who cannot afford or justify buying a great instrument, and this is probably the only place we can learn and interact without feeling looked down upon. Thanks to all!

Charles E.
Dec-21-2014, 1:09pm
Michael, nice comments.
Just getting to know Jim Garber alone, has been worth being involved with this site. My hats off to Scott and all the moderators, have a wonderful holiday.

MikeEdgerton
Dec-21-2014, 11:32pm
Just getting to know Jim Garber alone, has been worth being involved with this site.

Crud, that'll go right to his head :cool:

Actually, I agree with you.

dcoventry
Dec-22-2014, 8:43am
I spend time over on the philzone.org, a site dealing with grateful dead related stuff and the bass player Phil Lesh.

Now those boys can play rough. Everybody gets to speak their mind, though, even if half of them are nuttier than fruit cakes.

Good topics and great folk, by and large.

Michael Weaver
Dec-23-2014, 1:01am
I spend time over on the philzone.org, a site dealing with grateful dead related stuff and the bass player Phil Lesh. Now those boys can play rough. Everybody gets to speak their mind, though, even if half of them are nuttier than fruit cakes. Good topics and great folk, by and large.

They sound like friends of the devil. I don't want no part of it. :)

allenhopkins
Dec-23-2014, 9:56am
They sound like friends of the devil. I don't want no part of it.

Yeah, that path is for your steps alone.

lukmanohnz
Dec-23-2014, 10:17am
The folks over at concertina.net are quite well-mannered. I haven't seen any major kerfuffles on their forum. Then again, they don't use picks...

Michael Weaver
Dec-23-2014, 11:01am
Yeah, that path is for your steps alone.

Yeah I know. I can be a little "Hard to Handle" sometimes....okay I'm done.

Kowboy
Dec-23-2014, 1:00pm
Maybe if we knew what a "Troglodyte" was, we could handle you better. Just being Funny!!!

Jozef
Dec-23-2014, 1:18pm
The search for truth is more precious than its possession. - Albert Einstein

Sweetpea44
Dec-23-2014, 3:40pm
Agreed .... I've certainly gained a wealth of information from this forum. Thanks to all and happy holidays!

bratsche
Dec-24-2014, 10:16am
I read a half dozen forums. I belong to several. I post to two. But for whatever reason, I only consider this one as being among friends.

Merry Christmas, friends! :)

bratsche

dcoventry
Dec-24-2014, 12:11pm

"Honest to the point of recklessness, self-centered in the extreme..."

"I've been posting hereabouts for 10 good solid years. If I told you 'bout all that went down it'd burn off both your ears..."

Dave Wrede
Dec-24-2014, 12:19pm
Here at The Cafe; We serve The Soup of The Day! I like soup.

Does that soup come with scrolls?

Michael Weaver
Dec-24-2014, 1:48pm
"Honest to the point of recklessness, self-centered in the extreme..." "I've been posting hereabouts for 10 good solid years. If I told you 'bout all that went down it'd burn off both your ears..."

Lol! Nice!

rubydubyr
Dec-24-2014, 1:53pm
Does that soup come with scrolls?

:))

Russ Donahue
Dec-24-2014, 2:22pm
This is a special place...I visit daily and always find something or someone of interest.
Thanks all...