PDA

View Full Version : HERE'''''S MANDY

superc_1
Mar-30-2005, 5:01pm
Been here for a long time and with all the beautiful first attempts I've debated on showing mine. My first one came out with a distrested finish and I didn't even have to try. It has a large and woody sound. I found a doug-fir board at Lowes that was QS for the front and a guy who lives behind me has a commerical wood dryer and he puts all of these flamed maples bd's off to the side because cabinet builder don't like to use them (go figure?). Anyway here it is with all it's inperfections, but what would you have to look foward to if it was prefect.

barricwiley
Mar-30-2005, 5:35pm
Sure looks better than I am sure my first effort would be.
It is terrific that you jumped in with both feet.
The finish looks almost wet, is it?
Richard http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

El Rey del Mando
Mar-30-2005, 6:29pm
If that finish is in fact wet,then the strap must be stuck to it. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif)

JOHN

Skip Kelley
Mar-30-2005, 8:13pm
Good looking first mandolin!!!

Scotti Adams
Mar-30-2005, 8:21pm
..its no doubt better than I can do.........thats why I stick to playing them.

Eric F.
Mar-30-2005, 9:30pm
Hey, the important thing is you built one. Me, I cut off a fingertip slicing an onion, I am staying away from building mandos. Congratulations!

superc_1
Mar-31-2005, 8:14am
HERES THE FRONT. I SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS THE FIRST TIME INSTEAD OF MAKING A DIFFERT POST.

Lane Pryce
Mar-31-2005, 8:34am
Absoutely SWEET.I like the color too.I think it is incredible for #1------great job. Lp

Darryl Wolfe
Mar-31-2005, 1:27pm
Very good....credit should always be given to "completing one"...many a person starts

superc_1
Mar-31-2005, 3:04pm
COMING FROM YOU F5JOURNAL I TAKE THAT AS A COMPLEMENT, AND THANKS TO EVERYBODY WHO HAS TAKEN TIME TO LOOK. I KEEP WANTING TO TAKE IT APART AND REFINISH IT AND INSTALL MY LOGO, BUT THE MISSES SAYS LEAVE IT ALONE SINCE ITS MY FIRST ONE. I WILL BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AS I GROW AND HOPEFULLY BE ABLE TO SEE IF I CAN GET BETTER OR (HOPEFULLY NOT) WORST. THANKS TO EVERYBODY ON THE CAFE, JUST REDIN ALL THE DIFFERENT POST A PERSON CAN LEARN ALOT.

Skip Kelley
Mar-31-2005, 3:20pm
Looks to me like you can get better not worse. You did a great job on #1! You should be proud!!