PDA

View Full Version : The Mono Tenor Ukulele Case for Collings MT

mrtorian
Dec-02-2014, 6:24pm
Took a chance and ordered the Mono m80 Tenor Ukulele gig bag for my Collings MT. Fits great. Nice and tight side to side, and plenty of room length-wise.

The shoulder strap is over-the-shoulder and perfect.

There's room in the pocket for my pencil condenser and other small crap. Otherwise it's little small, so you may have to bring your fanny to the gig.

word.

Here be the link:
http://monocreators.com/ukulele-tenor/

Franc Homier Lieu
Dec-02-2014, 7:23pm
Is there a shortage of mandolin gig bags that would require people to buy expensive tenor uke bags? This is a very odd and enthusiastic endorsement for a first ever cafe post.....

mrtorian
Dec-02-2014, 8:41pm
Is there a shortage of mandolin gig bags that would require people to buy expensive tenor uke bags? This is a very odd and enthusiastic endorsement for a first ever cafe post.....

Oh goodness. What a passive aggressive and judgmental response, besides being no way to welcome a new member.

But I will explain why I posted this:
Wanted to pass along something I learned. That's what forums are about.
I searched this site, and I could not find the answer. In my other life as a gig'ing bassist, I am very happy with my Mono bass bag.
My dad gave me this new Mono Uke/ Mandolin bag as a celebratory gift for my new mandolin.

mandobassman
Dec-02-2014, 9:24pm
Welcome to the Cafe! We're usually a bit friendlier than that, although not always. As far as the gig bag is concerned, everyone has their preferences, but I have to admit to being a bit mystified about spending $155 on a gig bag when you have a choice of several more protective hard cases for less than that. Many players prefer gig bags, but I want something more substantial. I have a shaped hard case that is very strong and only cost $45 used from a cafe member. Even new it is only $75. There are the Travelite cases that are very protective and are also very lightweight and cost under $100. The case you bought looks like a nice one though and I hope it serves you well. You sure have a nice mandolin to put in it.

mrtorian
Dec-02-2014, 9:26pm
Welcome to the Cafe! We're usually a bit friendlier than that, although not always. As far as the gig bag is concerned, everyone has their preferences, but I have to admit to being a bit mystified about spending $155 on a gig bag when you have a choice of several more protective hard cases for less than that. Many players prefer gig bags, but I want something more substantial. I have a shaped hard case that is very strong and only cost $45 used from a cafe member. Even new it is only $75. There are the Travelite cases that are very protective and are also very lightweight and cost under $100. The case you bought looks like a nice one though and I hope it serves you well. You sure have a nice mandolin to put in it.
Thank you! I look at the case as cheap insurance.

darylcrisp
Dec-09-2014, 5:37pm
i have two of the Mono bags for Tenor Ukes-awesome bags!
I've actually made a detailed review, with pictures, dimensions, weights, etc of a couple of the higher tier gigbags(RB Continental, RB vintage, Mono, Access).
I love gigbags and everything i own lives in one(guitar, weissenborn, Ukes, banjo, Mandolins). I find the ease of carry, fit, available space to carry more stuff, and IMO the protection, cater to my lifestyle much more than a hardshell case.

The Mono is a well built bag and i'm quite sure would provide superior protection for most folks.

d