PDA

View Full Version : Happy Holidays! Already?

Cryo
Nov-28-2014, 9:08am
Wow! 2014 really flew by. Seems we are celebrating the commercial Christmas sooner and sooner.
Anyway, our jam group got into the holiday spirit. Check out our Facebook group photo for the Kentlands Acoustic Jam. Three of us are mandolin players. We love Mando Cafe. Click on the links to our songs. We also have a campaign to get to a hundred likes so our local establishment will consider us worthy of playing in public.
:mandosmiley:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kentlands-Acoustic-Jam/251687984995625

journeybear
Nov-28-2014, 9:27am
Already? Ha! Today may be the original traditional start of the Christmas season, but here stores started with their Christmas displays the first week of October! :disbelief: Before Columbus Day! :disbelief: Some people started putting up their Christmas lights soon after. And when I was out doing my Thanksgiving shopping last week, my grocery store was already selling Christmas wreaths and trees. My goodness! I wish each holiday were allowed to have its own identity and time, so we can enjoy it in its own time and turn.

That said ... :whistling: ... Nice photo. Always good to see a 12-string in the mix. Love them double courses! :mandosmiley:

jaycat
Nov-28-2014, 10:43am
How do you get all those pretty girls to come to your jams? What is your secret? Out with it! (then maybe I'll give you a "Like").

Pasha Alden
Nov-29-2014, 4:07am
You are right. 2014 passed us by quick as a flash.

Certainly share your views on the commercial Christmas, it is the case here in SA too.

As far as your group, I will certainly look on Facebook. Have started working on a few holiday tunes myself. They need some tidying, but we are making some progress. Will make even more now that I am officially on leave since end working day yesterday!