PDA

View Full Version : The Travelin' McCourys

SCIFIDELITY
Nov-17-2014, 9:43pm
I had the pleasure of listening to Ronnie pick last night in Minneapolis. For this leg of the tour they has Andy Falco from The Infamous String Dusters on Guitar. It was amazing! They played a Dawg tune, I forget the title, but they played it flawlessly and I was amazed, but not surprised at their ability to play an entirely different style of music.

I think it was the last night of a mini tour and they meet back up with Del next weekend. They did mention that Del was doing a couple of gigs with Dawg over the weekend, which was a funny coincidence! I wish they would have played for longer, but I for some reason the Jeff Austin Band (formally of Yonder Mountain String Band) was headlining. I must say compared to Ronnie, Jeff sounded like he started playing mandolin last week.

Anyways I just wanted to share because it was such an awesome experience.

Nick Pooch
Nov-17-2014, 10:13pm
Last night I was at that Del and Dawg show. Dawg said Ronnie is the best bluegrass mandolin player right now. For the dawg to even think let alone say that, that means a lot! I thought that was real neat.

SCIFIDELITY
Nov-17-2014, 11:05pm
Thanks for the reply and anecdote, Nick! So cool to hear the other side of story!