PDA

View Full Version : The Cox Family

drbluegrass
Nov-12-2014, 3:59pm
Anyone know if they're still performing. I love those guys. Great performers.

Tom

Mike Bunting
Nov-12-2014, 4:43pm
I always liked them, especially this one. I don't know if they are still playing out.

URl4QkyH5QM

drbluegrass
Nov-12-2014, 8:32pm
Mike, funny you should mention that song. My band rehearsed it last night. The Cox Family are such a wonderful band. Tremendous voices and over all talent. I hope they're still gigging.

Tom

Russ Jordan
Nov-12-2014, 9:52pm
I have not heard of them playing in years. Wiiard was paralyzed after an accident in 2000--saw a youtube of him singing in an assisted living facility (where he lived) from 2011

Fred Young
Nov-12-2014, 10:05pm
that's the kind of sound I was raised on, dearly love it, thanks for the post. fy

bluegrasshack
Nov-13-2014, 12:13am
Injuries and illnesses have slowed them down for the past 15+ years. I miss them, too! I followed their work at festivals throughout the South for a long time.

Bluegrasshack

montana
Nov-13-2014, 11:03am
They were soooooo good!

drbluegrass
Nov-13-2014, 11:11am
Anyone know where they live? I'd love to visit with any of the family sometime. Is Suzanne still singing? She has one of the most beautiful voices in bluegrass, as does her sister. Would love to have the family or even part of the family perform at a festival here in southern Iowa.

Tom

Mark Wilson
Nov-13-2014, 11:23am
What a pure voice she has. Thx for bringing them up.

drbluegrass
Nov-13-2014, 4:05pm
What a pure voice she has. Thx for bringing them up.

My bluegrass band, Wood 'n String, does that song. The lady that plays acoustic bass in our band sings the song and has a similar voice to Suzanne's. She grew up in a gospel bluegrass family very similar to The Cox Family.

Tom