PDA

View Full Version : Red Diamond #146 on Chicago Craigslist

RB250
Oct-30-2014, 4:28pm
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/msg/4736474602.html

Nice Red Diamond A on Chicago Craigslist.

Timbofood
Oct-30-2014, 4:40pm
Nice to see seller with some brains! "We can meet at the LIBRARY!"
With the abundance of violence relative to these "selling sites" the caution shown here refreshes my confidence in simple common sense. This kind of selling means both buyer and seller need to beware.
Buying or selling, a public place is the simplest smartest way for at least a modicum of security! Hotel lobbies, banks, museums, libraries all make smarter venues for meetings with unknown people.
That and tell more than one person where the meet will take place and how long it might take, cell phones make this easier than ever.
BE SAFE!
End rant!
Oh, by the way, looks like a really nice mandolin for whoever goes to the library, meeting in the mandolin section, maybe the A/V department, sound booths for testing.

pheffernan
Oct-30-2014, 5:04pm
Desirable instrument. Reasonably priced. MAS flares. :(

LongBlackVeil
Oct-30-2014, 5:32pm
Wow! Want so bad!

If this had been availible before I bought my ellis I would've been taking a trip to Chicago to go see it.

You don't see used red diamonds often at all.

Id still really like to see how it stacks up to my ellis.because my Ellis is a hoss. I was considering red diamond and ellis at the time but couldn't find any red diamonds a styles for sale

DataNick
Oct-30-2014, 7:10pm
Wow! $3K...Holy Toledo!...Where's my travel agent...oops, I'm temporarily unemployed...dream on...LOL!

LongBlackVeil
Oct-30-2014, 7:25pm
Wow! $3K...Holy Toledo!...Where's my travel agent...oops, I'm temporarily unemployed...dream on...LOL!

Exactly, that's a really good price

I wonder why it has gold tuners and a silver tailpiece?

pheffernan
Nov-09-2014, 10:31am
Did anyone score this one? When I click on the link upthread, I can still get to the listing, but it no longer seems active...

jim simpson
Nov-09-2014, 4:26pm
Looks like it's still on the market:

I've played Cafe member (and friend) RayQ's Red Diamond A, it was very nice.

pheffernan
Nov-09-2014, 5:15pm
Looks like it's still on the market:

I've played Cafe member (and friend) RayQ's Red Diamond A, it was very nice.

As I said, when I click on the link, I can still get to the listing, but it seems to have expired when I try to reply. Am I the only one having this problem?

rosewoodmusic
Nov-10-2014, 7:26am
It's gone. (Not by me)

Mando Muffin
Nov-19-2014, 4:37am
Great instruments...and a fair price.

Tim Griffin
Nov-26-2014, 9:10am
Library? How can you try it out in a Library? They will shuush you if you make a sound.

FLATROCK HILL
Nov-26-2014, 9:30am
'Tis better to be shuushed than jacked.

Timbofood
Nov-26-2014, 9:42am
Exactly Flatrock!
Besides, you can go to the audio visual department and use the listening booth. Hotel lobbies are good for these types of meeting too. I used to recommend banks too.