PDA

View Full Version : Appreciation for integrity!

Timbofood
Oct-23-2014, 8:25pm
After the quick dismissal of the closed thread regarding a famous acoustical engineer and the use of his name for questionable benefit, I wish to commend the integrity of the site owner and moderators. This is, by and large, an over the top site for sharing information and opinions, allowing extremely wide latitude for conversation.
When there is questionable motive for a threads purpose, the discretion of the moderators strikes me as uncommonly fair and reasonable.
To that end, I say,
HUZZAHS for Scott et al

Strong work gents!

haggardphunk
Oct-23-2014, 8:32pm
I disagree. It was preemptively locked up. No one was heated and the discussion was fine. I am on a lot of forums and topics get regurgitated all the time. It's not reason to just lock it up.

nickster60
Oct-23-2014, 8:34pm
It is pretty fair place and the moderators keep the Cafe on point and that would be mandolins. There is plenty of bickering on other sites and on FB. The Cafe can be a breathe of fresh air in the putrid din of the internet.

allenhopkins
Oct-23-2014, 8:39pm
Lockdown in five…four…three...

haggardphunk
Oct-23-2014, 8:39pm
I am by no means upset by the decision and I totally understand either side of the argument on moderation.

Timbofood
Oct-23-2014, 8:40pm
I understand your point but, the guidelines are pretty clear and, it's within reason for the site owner to quash a thread which may (and probably) will get testy. This one included!
Not my intent to be inflammatory by any means, simply appreciating the responsibility of the moderators.
Sorry if that is an irritant.

allenhopkins
Oct-23-2014, 8:45pm
Site doesn't take kindly to threads discussing the moderators' actions. How I know, is having run a-foul of that years ago.

Good and sufficient reasons therefor. Enough to talk about in Mandolin World without rehashing how the Cafe´s administered.

Timbofood
Oct-23-2014, 8:49pm
Appreciate you input Alan, I have not felt any wrath but will happily allow the closure of this one should mods feel the need.
I guess I will go back to the corner and don my dunce cap, ohh, there is one more for the " compulsory thread"!

Killian King
Oct-23-2014, 10:42pm
It seems to me the thread was locked on the basis of redundancy, not volatility.

Clef
Oct-23-2014, 11:10pm
There's nothing like a good internet handbag swinging fight! I'm also glad this forum isn't the place for it.