PDA

View Full Version : Washburn Mandola

Tom Dillon
Oct-06-2014, 10:52am
I have what I suspect is a pre-war flat back Washburn mandola, and I am looking for info that can confirm this. The label is missing so I have no serial number. There is no Washburn logo anywhere on the instrument. Images on the web of some old Washburn instruments look very similar to mine.

Does anyone know of a web site that has info on the old Washburns - pictures, model details, etc?

Tom

DataNick
Oct-06-2014, 11:00am
Hey Tom, it's Nick!

Good to see you come in the Cafe!...Don't know about your mandola, but someone on this site is bound to give you some info.

Great pickin with you last week at Lou's! Lou, myself, and Shawn are going to be at Escondido for first Tuesday tomorrow to do some pickin, hope to see ya there man!

Good luck on the mandola, looks like a beaut, how does she sound?

Tom Dillon
Oct-06-2014, 12:46pm
Hi Nick, It sounds ok now, but I never really played it much. The strings are Flatirons, probably 15 years old. Once I get it cleaned up and set up (by Fred at Repair Zone), with Thomastik 174W's, I think it will sound way better. I'm planning to try it out with the San Diego Mandolin Orchestra Christmas programs coming up.

Hey Tom, it's Nick!

Good to see you come in the Cafe!...Don't know about your mandola, but someone on this site is bound to give you some info.

Great pickin with you last week at Lou's! Lou, myself, and Shawn are going to be at Escondido for first Tuesday tomorrow to do some pickin, hope to see ya there man!

Good luck on the mandola, looks like a beaut, how does she sound?