PDA

View Full Version : Mando Master Emory Lester in Lutsen, Minn.

verbs4us
Oct-05-2014, 5:02pm
Mando master Emory Lester will play and conduct a workshop on Oct 31-Nov 2 at the North Shore Music Association’s “Masters Weekend” at Lutsen Resort, Lutsen, Minnesota.

Workshops are all day Saturday, 9 am to 5 pm, at $7 per hour and $30 for the day. Emory will cover the gamut, from instrument features and setup to picking attack to note choice to practice details and music theory. The level of instruction will advance from less to more complex as the day progresses.

Emory Lester and the Emory Lester Set will perform Saturday evening at 8. Tickets will be available at the NSMA table in the resort lobby and at the door: $20 for adults and $8 for age 12 and under.

Call Lutsen Resort (888-752-2399) or book on-line at www.lutsenresort.com. For more information about the weekend call the North Shore Music Association director, Kate Fitzgerald at 218-387-2916.

Mike Arakelian
Oct-05-2014, 6:02pm
I just attended a workshop conducted by Emory Lester at IBMA in Raleigh. He was just fantastic. He's an excellent picker, entertaining, and provided some really good pointers on playing. This was only an hour long workshop at IBMA. If only I were closer to Minnesota, I'd jump at the chance to attend an all day session with him.