PDA

View Full Version : Back on the project

Bluegrasstjej
Mar-22-2005, 11:46am
Just wanted to say that I'm back online. I still don't have my ADSL but I have dial-up so at least I have internet at home. Is anyone else on dial-up? How long does it take to upload a tune (or download) of normal size?

I've played a lot mandolin and fiddle lately, y boyfriend says I can play faster now, and I know I have more control because I can do recordings without screwing it up just by being nervous...

I'm going to learn Blackberry blossom better and record it, don't know if I can upload it now but if not I'll do it later. It's good to see the project goes on. We celebrate one year this month!!!

http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif Take care!

craig
Mar-23-2005, 12:28am
susanne,

welcome back aboard! we've missed your contribution.

i've been using dial-up, and it doesn't take more than 5 minutes to upload a recording. you shouldn't have a problem, just need a little more patience. look forward to hearing your version of BBB . . .

craig

picksnbits
Mar-23-2005, 9:58am
Welcome back, Susanne.

I've had bad luck uploading over dial-up, but can sometimes get it to work by attaching my song to an e-mail (which of course still has to get uploaded) as suggested on the project home page.

I think there are others having trouble uploading, but don't know whether they're using dial-up or not.

levin4now
Mar-23-2005, 11:01am
tjej,

i use dialup and works fine, but slow. I'd say it takes around 5.5 minutes to upload a tune. Maybe less. I usually click upload and go downstairs and get a drink, or , GASP! - play my mando.

Bluegrasstjej
Mar-23-2005, 12:11pm
5 minutes is not too bad. I'll give it a try.