PDA

View Full Version : HOT TUNA IN MEDINA

rboothie
Feb-29-2004, 5:54pm
I own THE ROSE Concert Hall in Medina, Ohio and last night Hot Tuna performed with Barry. Rob McNurlin opened and did several songs with Jack and Barry.

I spent a bit of time with Barry discussing this and that and first off as with the entire Hot Tuna family, he is a genuine kind and good person. As a player he is not flashy but has a wonderful command of the mando, tenor guitar and 4-string banjo.

Barry is the first cat I ever saw whose third finger instead of the pinky touched his instrument as he played. My opinion is that if anyone ever needs an ensemble mando player, Barry is the man. He is always welcome in my home and venue.

BTW. Hot Tuna is leaving for Hawaii in the next couple of days so all you hula dolls see them and enjoy.

mando bandage
Feb-29-2004, 10:24pm
rboothie

Had the great pleasure of attending the Hot Tuna concert in your theater. Great small venue (the best kind) and a great show. Fun for the whole family, my 10 yoa son included.

Rob

David M.
Mar-02-2004, 1:43pm
Funny thing. I'm listening to Jorma the Blue Country Heart Band with Barry and Cindy Cashdollar as I read your post. It's a bootleg from last year. Very good stuff.

You're lucky to have met them. Jorma has responded to several of my emails where I asked questions about his tunings, picks, etc. Very gracious man. Sounds like Barry is as well.

Very cool.