PDA

View Full Version : My Music 60's & 70's

Kenneth Cooke
Sep-08-2014, 2:42pm
Mainly whilst playing in and around the UK including early Cambridge Folk Festivals https://www.flickr.com/photos/24088116@N04/sets/72157647295315421/

Ivan Kelsall
Sep-09-2014, 1:49am
Kenneth - I attended the Cambridge festival the year that Country Gazzette played there.Byron Berline had just left the band & Dave Ferguson had taken over on Fiddle. Roland White was playing mandolin with them. That was when i saw my first Stelling banjo,that belonging to Alan Munde. Several years later,i became the proud owner of a Stelling myself (i still have it). I took a whole roll of colour slide film of the C.G. Sunday afternoon concert & recently discovered the box of slides. I decided to put them 'somewhere safe' & have them put onto a CD in order to upload a few onto here - i haven't been able to find them since !.:(
Many thanks for your link to the 2 festivals,
Ivan;)
PS - The pic.at the bottom right on 'page 1' appears to be a 'version' of the 'Orange Blossom Sound' Bluegrass band. The late & very much missed Charlie Gaisford on Banjo,Roger Churchyard on Fiddle. Ian McCann later joined the band as lead singer guitarist & Mike Hartes played bass fiddle.

journeybear
Sep-09-2014, 2:42am
What a treat to see these! Yes, that is Stacy Phillips, Archduke of the Dobro, in several photos. You can remove the ? ;) Do you know what year(s) these date from?