PDA

View Full Version : Thank You to Walter "June" Johnson

nordian
Sep-02-2014, 5:12pm
Just wanted to say a big "Thank You" to Walter Johnson, builder of June mandolins and guitars. He gave a friend and myself the opportunity to spend some time with him at his shop in Campobello, SC today. We got to play a few of his instruments, learn a little about his thoughts on building and sound, and enjoy some fellowship. He was very hospitable and seemed like an all around good guy with great knowledge of his craft. I fully expect his instruments to gain the reputation they deserve as he continues to build and put them in the hands of satisfied customers. Again Walter, thanks for the time and hospitality you extended to us.

billhay4
Sep-02-2014, 5:43pm
Sounds like a fun time and a nice guy.
Bill

Astro
Sep-02-2014, 8:59pm
I had a chance to visit with him too a good while back. If I recall, he built his workshop/cabin. What a talent and what a nice guy. He had a very sweet F for sale at the time. It may have been his #45 in the classifieds, I'm not sure. But it was a great playing and great sounding mando. I would have bought it back then but I was still a greenhorn and hadnt played many mandos yet and wasnt really sure what I wanted. Ive learned a lot sense then. Enough to know it was a fine one. Anyone in the area who is in the market should check the Junes out for sure.