PDA

View Full Version : Mid Missouri OM

Dan Eaton
Feb-29-2004, 12:04pm
Hi, all;

I have a Freshwater OM, and I'm looking for one with a shorter scale that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. #I have a Mid Missouri mandolin that I'm very fond of, so I'm interested in any feedback on their octaves.

Any comments?

Dan

mmukav
May-30-2004, 12:31pm
I can't believe no-one has played a Mid-Mo octave! I too am looking for info on the Mid-Mo so I brought your post back up. I'm looking at that, the Trinity College octave or Peterson(more $). Anyone who's played 'em, please let us know. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif

steve V. johnson
May-30-2004, 2:52pm
From what I've seen of the Mid-Mo's mando's, I'd pick one of these over a Trinity/MorganMonroe/Johnson any time. The Mid-Mo's are a big cut above those.

IMO, the Petersons will be much nicer, and offer more options, than the Mid-Mo's, too.

Robert Norwood at About Music in Indianapolis, has promised to add a Mid-Mo octave mandolin to his stock so I can play it. I asked him to get the rosewood one. But I haven't heard from him about it yet. As soon as I have the experience, I will report here!

stv

otterly2k
Jun-01-2004, 12:22pm
For anyone in the NYC area, I'm pretty sure they stock these at Mandolin Bros.

ira
Jun-01-2004, 12:38pm
they had just sold one when i got there, but music emporium in lexington ma. usually has one in stock.

gretschbigsby
Jun-08-2004, 8:01am
I have one... just got it in a trade. It is the one with the maple back and sides, as opposed to the rosewood version. I've never played another one, so I don't know what to compare it to....

It is a nice instrument though, and is as well made as my former Mid-Mo Mando, and not as well made as my present Rigel A+ Deluxe. Mid-Mo makes a nice product. I'm still a learner, so I'm probably not the best person to review it. After a few hours with it, though, I would say that I am equally incompetent on both the mandolin and the octave mandolin. It has more of a guitar feel to me than a mando, with the longer reach needed and the extra bass.

Bob