PDA

View Full Version : Morgan Monroe

Thighmaster
Aug-19-2014, 11:54pm
My first mando... 122914

JEStanek
Aug-20-2014, 8:31am
Congrats and enjoy it. May it be a gateway to happy tunes and good times. Welcome to the Cafe!

Jamie

Michael Weaver
Aug-20-2014, 12:45pm
Congrats and feel free to ask questions.

Thighmaster
Aug-20-2014, 11:49pm
Congrats and feel free to ask questions.

Ok then... how do I know when to change strings and what's the gold standard for replacement strings?

Ivan Kelsall
Aug-21-2014, 2:29am
When it stops sounding 'as good as it does now' - change the strings. As for the 'Gold Standard', when you find out let the rest of us know.:grin: Seriously,strings like mandolins, are a personal choice,but you could try D'Addario J74's to begin with.,They're a very high quality & popular string used by a lot of pro.players.Every once in a while,you could try a different make of string to see if they sound 'more pleasing to you' & take it from there,
Ivan;)

Thighmaster
Aug-21-2014, 11:15am
Thanks Ivan!

Michael Weaver
Aug-21-2014, 12:17pm
Ivan, how dare you make me look bad! :grin: Anyways, yeah he is right. Also be sure and keep a lint free cloth in your case. When you get done playing wipe the strings off. I also wipe down the neck and the contact point where your arm was resting. I don't leave sweat sitting on my finish. Wiping your strings off will extend their life. Also it's very important to wash your hands before you play, always.