PDA

View Full Version : Italian Brentrup

Rich Michaud
Mar-19-2005, 8:25am
I am going to try to post what just in the mail from Hans B.

Rich Michaud
Mar-19-2005, 10:59am
I will try to post another shot

Rob Griffin
Mar-19-2005, 11:10am
Rich, you are one lucky man! Your mandolin is just beautiful. I love the way the pick guard is sculptured to match the fret board extension. Mr.Brentrup sure knows what he is doing. How long did you have to wait for the mandolin to be built? And most importantly tell us how she sounds!

Rob

Rich Michaud
Mar-19-2005, 11:11am
Here's another shot hopefully

Rich Michaud
Mar-19-2005, 11:17am
I am having trouble posting these suckers

Rich Michaud
Mar-19-2005, 11:24am
Rob, it is incredible. The tone is full, rich and fat. I have about 20 hours on it and love it. I have A B tested it against my Gilchrist, Mastermodel and Nugget-it is right there with the best of them. The tone for me, is full and complex-perhaps not a dry or woody as Gibsonites may like-but I prefer it. The workmanship speaks for itself. It took two years of waiting. Hans, as you must know is an absolute pleasure to deal with. I am a very happy camper.

Scotti Adams
Mar-19-2005, 11:41am
..looks real sexy Rich

Rob Griffin
Mar-19-2005, 3:05pm
Rich, thanks for the review, I'm sure it is all you say. I hope I can win the Power Ball tonight so I can get on Hans's list. Enjoy your new treasure!

Rob

Baron Collins-Hill
Mar-19-2005, 5:43pm
i like them shoes too, great looking mando

Jeffrey Lewis
Mar-19-2005, 6:49pm
Holy Cow!

Flowerpot
Mar-19-2005, 8:48pm
Thanks for the pics, Rich. Looks like another winner -- I'd be plenty jealous if mine hadn't just come in. Enjoy!

Rich Michaud
Mar-19-2005, 10:38pm
Hey Flowerpot, Some day we should compare the two Brentrups after they have been broken in. I would love to listen hard to the different tones. Rich

Picknpine
Apr-03-2005, 4:10pm
Hi There, What a Great looking mando! I will have mine in a few months. I would like to play yours sometime. Brentrup is one of the finest builders in the world. I havnt played one that just wasnt a killer! Everyone that I have played has had different tones, but they all were just remarkable! The Best!
Cody Shuler- Pine Mountain Railroad http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif