PDA

View Full Version : Merlefest

Pneugrass
Feb-29-2004, 11:09am
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif My tickets for Merlefest came yesterday. By the looks of things they are going fast! So is the room availability in the area. I had to go to Boone to get a room. Anyone else planning on attending?

makoto
Feb-29-2004, 1:20pm
Pneugrass,
My wife and I are going, we went last year for the first time and fell in love with it. We will camp at the YMCA.

ethanopia
Mar-01-2004, 9:36am
three words.

General Admission - VFW

thank you, that is all

Tim Saxton
Mar-01-2004, 10:24am
I am going for all 4 days. We will be staying in statesville. Not too far from Wilkesboro.

Tim Saxton

Dioptase
Mar-03-2004, 2:50pm
Hey guys--

There's no camping on the grounds at merlefest??
Micah

fangsdaddy
Mar-04-2004, 8:46am
micah :
actually there is camping on the merlefest grounds. it's the 2 "RV" lots. they're just up the hill from the walker center. you can walk down the hill each morning to the festival. basically merlefest seems to define an RV as any hard shell vehicle you can sleep in. for years now, sharon & i have stayed there, sleeping in the cap on the back of our truck. the folks in the RV lots seem pretty serious so it's pretty quiet at nite w/a distinct lack of loud partying. but i have fallen asleep at 2am to the sounds of jamming nearby.
sam

LilCreekster
Mar-07-2004, 9:52am
I just bought my plane tickets http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif I'll be there!! First time at Merle for me, I'm sooooo looking forward to it!

Rich Michaud
Mar-17-2004, 7:08pm
My wife and I will be there as well. May be we should all wear mando cafe hats.. A thought for the mando cafe job jar is having mando cafe raise money by selling hats or buttons for id purposes at festivals...That's assuming of course that we want to meet each other...

Tim Saxton
Mar-17-2004, 10:38pm
I would really like to see a mandolin gatering this year at Merlefest. I will be there for all 4 days. Is anyone elese interested??

Tim

Rich Michaud
Mar-18-2004, 12:39am
Tim, I would be interested at least for a jam session. I will be there Friday through Sunday. I'll be coming from Boston and will bring my mando and heaven forbid, a couple of harmonicas.. I assume you play mando.. Any bass players etc out there ?

levin4now
Mar-18-2004, 12:23pm
do you have to have merlefest tickets in advance? can you just show up for a day or so? I'd love to go, but can't commit - it is a busy time of year for me.

Alan