PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Jim Downs
Mar-18-2005, 3:02am
I would like to say hello to all the cafe' members. I have been reading the boards for several years now and cannot tell you how much useful information I have found here. You guys are a great help to a lot of people that you don't even know about, ( and sometimes funny too). I have been a Mando freak for about 20 years now. I am currently playing a Flatiron F-5 (Weber signed) 1984 I think, I will have to look again to be sure. I spend more time playing than I do reading the label. I would not trade my mando for anything(my wife is jealous). I am playing in a newly formed bluegrass band and also play in a country band where I provide the grass when it's my turn at the mic. I do as many bluegrass festivals as time will allow, and have met some of the greatest people, I hope to meet some of you guys,(and gals) too. I will sign off leaving this just short of a novel and once again say thank you, thank you, thank you. #Oh Yeah. I live in Kearney Mo. and some day hope to travel to Mars, just to jam with friends.

Jim Downs
My Grass is Blue

Gail Hester
Mar-18-2005, 3:20am
Welcome Jim! Mando freaks fit in really well around here. It will be nice to have you participating and it sounds like you have a lot of experience to share. Looking forward to it and again, welcome.

bdisp
Mar-18-2005, 4:49am
....mando freaks unite...... http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Lane Pryce
Mar-18-2005, 8:57am
Good to have ya here Jim. Lp

Scotti Adams
Mar-18-2005, 9:02am
..welcome to the fold..

Tom C
Mar-18-2005, 9:07am
Welcome. What took so long? http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

ira
Mar-18-2005, 10:31am
mando freaks unite- would make a great case sticker

neal
Mar-18-2005, 12:51pm
Hi, welcome and welcome again!

johnwalser
Mar-18-2005, 1:02pm
Ira,
I betcha' this isn't quite what you had in mind.
John

krishna
Mar-18-2005, 11:39pm
Wow Johnwalser! that pic must have taken you, what half hour? Welcome to the site Jim.Post lots O.K....Kerry

Mar-19-2005, 8:38am
I give my welcome as well. I have lurked around here for a couple years. But i started really posting alot a couple of months ago. Good people and conversations.

angrymandolinist
Mar-19-2005, 9:00am
Welcome aboard Jim, I'm sure you'll pick up (and be able to share) even more info now that you can join in on the discussion, ask any questions that come to mind, help out relative newbies like me, and all that good stuff.