PDA

View Full Version : New Aleyas Fern

Dlchap
Jul-25-2014, 7:46am
This is the latest completed mandolin. It is a red spruce top with two piece red maple back that is slip matched. Fern inlay with traditional colored finish. Very crisp sounding mandolin with good projection. I hope to post a sound clip soon.

Thanks

Lee

Brly
Jul-25-2014, 8:02am
Very nice! Thanks for showing it.
Ben

sgrexa
Jul-25-2014, 8:28am
Very nice Lee, doesn't Johnny Staats play one of your mandolins?

Sean

OldGus
Jul-25-2014, 8:44am
It looks really good. I would like to see more color variation in the inlay though, a green Abalone fern with matching dot markers would be my request, and 'Aleyas' in gold...great workmanship!

Dlchap
Jul-25-2014, 9:20am
Very nice Lee, doesn't Johnny Staats play one of your mandolins?

Sean

Thank you. And yes Johnny has been playing his Aleyas for a little over a year now. Looking forward to his next recording session to hear how it sounds recorded.

Lee

f5joe
Jul-25-2014, 10:10am
Beautiful work Lee. I'm betting it sounds wonderful.

Cheryl Watson
Jul-25-2014, 11:19am
Oh, THAT is a pretty mandolin! I'm looking forward to a good sound clip.

Skip Kelley
Jul-27-2014, 8:15pm
Lee, great job on that F5! Everything about it is awesome! Nice job matching up the maple!!

GreenMTBoy
Jul-27-2014, 8:34pm
That is Beautiful ! Nice Job

Dlchap
Aug-04-2014, 6:56am
Thanks everyone. I was planning on posting a sound clip but I didn't get one recorded before the mando was gone. There are a couple new ones in the works and hopefully I'll get them recorded before their gone. Thanks again for the comments.

Lee

Russ Donahue
Aug-04-2014, 8:45pm
I like those bursts. Dramatic looking.

Dlchap
Aug-08-2014, 1:42pm
You can check out a sound clip on my facebook page. I forgot that I recorded my bother playing a little bit while I was working on the setup a couple of weeks ago. It's a short clip but you can get an idea of the sound of the mandolin.

https://www.facebook.com/aleyasinstruments.leechapman

Thanks
Lee

Dan Douris
Aug-08-2014, 2:32pm
Real nice! Sounds great!