PDA

View Full Version : Mandozine Radio - Live365

johnbaxter
Jul-13-2014, 8:42pm
I'm not sure if it is appropriate to post this here, or if I'm in the right forum. But, since there are many listeners of Mandozine Radio from Mandolin Cafe, I thought I would ask the question. I am considering moving Mandozine Radio to either Shoutcast or Icecast. I am doing research as to the pros/cons, technical aspects, and cost. My reason for doing this is to replace Live365 advertising with advertisers or sponsers that I choose. I will only accept advertising from mando related companies (Instruments, strings, recordings, etc.). There is also a financial consideration. Although I have received a few CDs from a couple of record labels and a few artists, the majority of the music has been purchased by me. I no longer have the funds to continue providing new releases, and hosting Mandozine Radio, without sponsership. Mandozine Radio has been on the air 8 years, and has exceeded 165,000 listener hours.

My question:
Do you listen to Shoutcast or Icecast and if so, do you think this is worth the effort to pursue?

Nothings definate, but my goal is to improve Mandozine Radio, while attempting to off-set the cost.

f5joe
Jul-13-2014, 8:44pm
John: I can't really help you but I just want to thank you thus far for a great site and wonderful listening opportunities. I'll follow you anywhere.

Joe