PDA

View Full Version : 1907 A4 at Buffalo Bro's

mandolooter
Mar-16-2005, 9:38am
Hi Im looking at the A4 at Buf Bros and wondered if anyone has looked it over and/or picked it and could share there thoughts on it with me. PM me or a post here will work too, and I'd really appreciate it! Thanks, Jeff

Jim Garber
Mar-16-2005, 9:49am
I just checked and it is marked "ON HOLD". Is that you?

It looks beautiful. I esp like that unusual headstock inlay reminiscent of later A3s.

Jim

mandolooter
Mar-17-2005, 8:27am
darn...nope not me. i shoulda pulled the trigger instead of waiting...oh well im sure there is one or two more old Gibsons outthere somewhere! I've bought from them in the past and have the 100% tradein policy gaurentee. It's cool cuz ya can pick it for a year and then trade in on a more spendy one...seems logical to me, as me MAS infection doesn't seem to be responding to the treatment the MandoDoc recommended!

danb
Mar-17-2005, 8:48am
That instrument has been fascinating me- it's transitional between the "bunch of flowers" inlay and the later A3 inlay. Very cool/unique inlay pattern!

I've asked them for the serial, apparently it's out at a guitar show at the moment

TeleMark
Mar-19-2005, 2:39pm
Figures. I'm headed there today, and figured I'd check it out...

Edited to say that it did not return from the Texas guitar show... Sold.

Jack Roberts
Mar-19-2005, 7:05pm
I played it. I ended up not buying it, but buying an A-1 hanging on the wall next to it that was ugly, beat up, and dirty, but had a sound that still amazes even my wife.